Chapter Seventy Four

The Wolf Spirit thing snapped at Sokka's head. I lunged for Sokka, slamming into him and pushing him out of the way. I raised my hand to blood bend the spirit, but nothing happened. 

Ah yes. Spirits don't have blood. 

Great. 

   Sokka turned to me, "Thanks, (Y/N)."

   "Couldn't let my favorite cousin get his head bitten off."

   "Favorite?" Sokka grinned. 

   I shrugged, "It's a tie between you and Katara." 

"The wolf spirit must've left the Spirit World for a good reason! So please, everybody, be respectful!" Aang yelled at us. 

   "Respectful?!"  Sokka exclaimed, "Your spirit just tried to eat my head!"

   "Yeah," I nodded, "I agree with Sokka... and I never agree with Sokka."

 I focused on the spirit again, this time noticing the markings on its stomach. It looked like...

   "Those markings on its belly... they sort of look like a face ..." Zuko took the thought out of my head. 

   "Aang," I said, "That's the face you were making before."

"You're right ... I think I get it now!" Aang yelled, jumping up to confront the spirit. I looked at Katara and she nodded, and we created an ice barrier around us, Zuko, and Sokka while Aang yelled at the spirit, "Stop, big giant wolf spirit! Listen to me! I felt your presence earlier, see? Just like the design on your fur!"

The Wolf Spirit growled at Aang, who had come to rest on a rock. Azula tried shifting in her ice prison, but it was futile. 

"I knew you were near because I'm the Avatar, the great bridge between the spirits and the humans! My friends and I were traveling to the town of Hira'a when one of us," he gestured to Azula, "Decided to go her own way. If we've disturbed you, please accept our apologies."

The wolf spirit looked at Aang for a second and then lunged for him. 

   "Aang!" Katara's eyes were flooded in concern.

Aang ducked out of the way, and Katara brought down our ice barrier. Katara, Zuko, Sokka, and I stood in an offensive position, ready to attack the wolf. 

"'Respectful' my ass, Aang!" I yelled at the same time Zuko turned to Aang and said, "Your 'respectful' tactic doesn't seem to be working!"

Zuko and I looked at each other and smiled. I held out my hand and cocked my head. He nodded. Katara launched ice spears at the spirit, which shattered against its pelt. Sokka threw his boomerang which just bounced off harmlessly. Zuko held out his hand, and we charged a dual firebending move. Once I thought enough fire was generated I turned to Zuko and raised an eyebrow. He grinned and we shot fire directly into the wolf's open mouth. Zuko and I stood back in triumph. 

Triumph was short-lived. 

The Wolf legitimately ate the flames and then had the audacity to burp. Burp! What the fuck?

Zuko looked at the wolf, and his jaw slightly dropped, "Did that wolf spirit... just eat our fire?!"

   "I..." I blinked, "I think it did"

   "And burped! it ate your guys' fire and burped at you guys!" Sokka yelled. 

   "Not helping!" I exclaimed, "How's your boomerang, idiot?!"

Aang tried reasoning with the spirit again, "Come on, wolf spirit! I'm great bridge guy! You don't wanna-"

The wolf spirit lunged to hit Aang, only to be intercepted by Appa.