Chapter Fifty-Eight

[Part Two]

{One Year Later}

The piercing sound of my alarm woke me, again. I groaned, "Five more minutes," I blindly reached for my phone, trying to turn off the alarm. 

"(Y/N), you can't say five more minutes every time your phone rings," I heard a stern voice from my door, "You don't have five minutes, today's the first day."

I sat up and looked at the figure standing at the entrance to my room, "I don't even want to go to school, Kat."

Katara laughed, "Aren't you excited? I've never been to school. The Southern Tribe never had the technology, the facilities for school," she sighed, "With the war ending, they're actually beginning to industrialize there. It's been great."

"That's nice," I said pulling my blanket over my head, "Five more minutes."

"No!" Katara walked over to my bed and pulled the blankets off, "We're leaving in an hour so you better get ready so we can enjoy a nice breakfast and go to school. Even Toph's awake."

"Ugh," I got out of bed, "I don't even want to go to school. He's going to be there."

Katara frowned, "You guys still haven't talked after... well you know. Listen," she smiled, "Go to college looking hot and show him what he's missing. You want him to know you're over him, right?"

A lot can happen in a year.

I sighed, "I guess," I grabbed a towel and walked to my bathroom, "I'll be down in thirty minutes."

Katara smiled, "I knew you wouldn't let me down."

"Yeah, yeah," I said, shutting the door of my bathroom. 

I looked at myself in the mirror. I've seen better days. I sighed and brushed my teeth. I took a shower and then wrapped myself in my towel. I bent the water out of my hair then brushed it. I exited the bathroom and went to my closet. I picked out a white crop top with a red dragon on it (I had bought a new one since I lost all my old clothes). I paired it with a pair of jeans. I did some simple makeup, grabbed my phone and backpack, and walked downstairs. 

Toph grinned, "Nice of you to join us, (Y/N)."

I laughed, "I wasn't going to, but Kat kept nagging me."

Katara crossed her arms, "I wasn't nagging! I was just-" she groaned in frustration, "Never mind."

Toph laughed and held up a plate of waffles, "Here," she handed it to me, "Katara made them."

I smiled, "If going to school means more homemade breakfasts from Kat, I'm all for it."

We all laughed and ate our breakfast. 

I grabbed the car keys and drove us to school. 

"Are you sure you're going the right way?" Katara asked, "Nothing here looks familliar."

Toph shrugged, "It looks fine to me."

"Thank you, Toph," I said, "Hey, wait-"

Toph laughed. 

I shook my head, and up ahead I saw a sign which read: "United University".

I pointed to the sign, "See, Katara," I rolled my eyes, "I told you."

"I was just being careful," she protested. 

I parked the car in the student parking lot and we headed into the building. Katara and I both had a waterbending course first. Of course, we're both masters but I didn't know what other class to sign up for. Toph had earthbending type courses the whole day, but I'm pretty sure she could teach the class.