Chapter Eleven

This chapter may contain strong language and mature themes that may not be suitable for younger readers. 

***

"(Y/N)," Zuko was walking towards me, my heart beating with each stride. Once he was just a few mere inches away, he lifted his hand, cupping my cheek.

I placed a hand on his chest. It was firm. I looked up at him, and his eyes had a mischievous glint to them. 

His thumb traced my lips.

I found my heart pounding out of my chest.

"Zuko, you-"

"Shhh," he brought his lips to my ear, "no talking," he said in a husky voice. 

God help me. 

He came face to face with me again. He stared down at my lips and started to lean down when I heard a loud ringing noise.

I sat up in my bed, my face flushed red.

A dream. It was a dream.  

I let out a sigh of relief. Today was important.

Day Three, the final day. 

Sparring with eliminations. 

The people I was competing against today was complicated. 

After yesterday's results, we are still in the lead. My first round would be against the captain of the Badgerfrogs, as they are currently in last place. Beating the captain will essentially eliminate the Badgerfrogs from the tournament. After that I will either compete against the captain of the Komodo Rhinos or the Captain of the Turtle Ducks. Then it will be the final round. The round that determines who wins the tournament. I will either be facing the Captain of the Phoenixes or Sea Ravens. Judging by skill, it will likely be the Phoenixes. Shuzo. This round will take place at least thirty minutes after all other rounds are finished. It will be outside in the Center Rings which will be elevated and will be the only round happening. It will be televised, and we will have the undivided attention of the audience. 

That being said, it's kind of a big deal. 

Ozai would be there. I live with him. I want to impress him. Despite my feelings towards him, I want him to respect me like he respected my father. Ozai's trust is gold, and I could earn it today. And maybe if I'm on good terms with him, maybe if he grants me more power in the future, I could stop the War, from the inside. I could change the system. 

I had to concentrate. 

Yet, all I could think about was him

His pale skin. His jet black hair. His searing golden eyes. 

God those eyes

I smacked myself across the face. 

Ouch

I had to focus

I had to win today. 

"(Y/N), are you ready?"

Oh. His voice

Stop it (Y/N).

"No, give me a second," I shouted through the door.

"You barely have a second, we have to leave in ten minutes if we're going to make it in time."

"What? It's only 9, we don't have to be there until 11."

"Check your phone again dumbass, it's 10:40, and we have to leave at 10:50 if we're going to be there on time."

I checked my phone. He was right.