Chapter Forty-Two

The Invasion. 

A carefully curated plan, mostly by Sokka.

It also happens to be today. 

I stuffed my mask in my pocket and looked over the cliff I was standing on, watching numerous watertribe ships dock in the harbor. 

A cool breeze hit my face, and I closed my eyes, taking in the last few moments of peace before the storm.

Katara tapped me on the shoulder, "Are you ready?"

I grinned, "I've been ready, Kat. The Fire Nation won't know what hit them," I turned around. 

Katara looked worried, "I don't doubt your physical ability, (Y/N). I was asking if your ready to see Zuko again."

I wasn't sure about that. It's not that I haven't thought about it, because I have. I've thought out of so many scenarios involving seeing Zuko again. I felt ready, but I couldn't know for sure. I was angry at him, that's for sure. What he did... forgiveness isn't even a possibility. Not while he's with Ozai. He isn't my best friend anymore, and he certainly isn't my boyfriend. He's my enemy. If I see him, I have to fight him. 

The only question is, will I have the strength to fight without bias in my attack?

"Zuko isn't a problem for me," I lied, "We should worry about Aang fighting Ozai."

"(Y/N)," Katara said firmly, "Tell me the truth."

I turned took a step back and smiled, "Don't worry about it," I jumped up and off the cliff, using firebending to cushion my fall. I landed on the ground below me and went to greet the watertribe ships. 

Hakoda walked towards me, smiling.

I smiled back, "Hi, Uncle."

Hakoda smiled, "How are you, (Y/N)."

"Ready to kick some Fire Nation ass!"

Hakoda laughed, "You are Fire Nation, aren't you?"

"Half," I grumbled.

Katara and Sokka ran up from behind me to embraced their dad.

There were quite a few reunions, actually. 

Someone named Haru, people with weird names like "The Boulder" and "Big Bad Hippo", people who refused to wear pants and looked like hippies. 

Also some person who called himself the mechanist and his son, Teo. Teo gave Aang a new staff/glider (as his last one was destroyed). 

Hakoda went over the invasion plan, which isn't that complicated.

Basically we have to get past the Gates of Azulon, and while we attack on the land, during the eclipse (which is only eight minutes) Aang will go to the Fire Nation Royal Palace, and, in simple terms, kick Ozai's ass while he can't bend. 

After using submarines to get past the gates of Azulon we surfaced the submarine for air. Aang had shaved his head, revealing his air nomad tattoos.

Sokka, Katara, Toph, and I approached Aang. 

Aang smiled at us, "So this is it, huh?"

"Are you ready for the Fire Nation to know the Avatar is alive?" Sokka asked. 

"I'm ready," Aang replied. 

I smiled at Aang, "Well, kid, tell Ozai I say, 'Fuck you'."

Aang laughed, "I don't think I will," he bowed to me, "Thank you, (Y/N)."

"Ah, get up," I lightly slapped his back, "I don't need the formalities, I didn't do anything worth your thanks."

Toph slapped my back.