Chapter Forty-Three

We walked into the air city.

It's been a while. 

Soon we made it to the temple. It was completely upside down. It was also scattered with the skeletons of air nomads.

"This- this is a mass grave," my voice was barely above a whisper.

Zuko shifted signifying that he heard me, but he didn't say anything.

Iroh nodded solemnly.

The temple overlooked a magnificent view, and as it was getting late- we witnessed the most beautiful sunset I had seen in my life. The Fire Nation was industrialized- there was light pollution. But, the air nations hadn't been touched in 100 years.

It was gorgeous.

Iroh sighed, "this view is stunning."

Zuko rolled his eyes, "I don't have time to sit here and enjoy the view. There's only one thing I need. I need to find the Avatar."

He had never raised his voice like that- not at his uncle- and not at me.

What the hell was wrong with him?

Zuko glared at seemingly nothing, "We will scour every square inch of this planet if we have too. We will find the Avatar."

God, that felt like ages ago. I'm glad that I cleared all the skeletons from the temple itself last time I was here. 

That would have been a downer. 

We walked through the city until we came to a cliff. It seemed like the end of the city, but it was only the beginning of the temple. 

"Hey, we're here! I can feel it!" Toph yelled.

"Uhhh ... I think your feet need their eyes checked," Katara looked over the cliff.

"No," I said, hopping off the cliff and using fire bending to fall into the temple, "She's right."

Aang hopped down as well.

We all gathered in the temple. It was a very oldfashioned structure, which makes sense, how could it have modernized if we- the Fire Nation wiped out all the airbenders?

Haru, the Duke, and Teo looked excited to go and explore the temple. 

Aang went to follow them but Katara put a hand out to stop him. 

She turned to Haru, the Duke, and Teo, smiling, "You guys go. I think we need to talk about some things."

Aang looked at Katara, Sokka, Toph, and I, who were calling a Team Avatar meeting.

"Why can't I go explore with them?" Aang asked.

"We need to decide what we're gonna do now, and since you're the Avatar, maybe you should be a part of this," Katara said. 

"Fair enough. So, what's the new plan?" Aang sat down.

"Well, if you ask me, the new plan is the old plan! You just need to master all four elements and confront the Fire Lord before the comet comes," Sokka exclaimed. 

I yawned, "Don't make it sound so easy, Sokka."

Aang rolled his eyes, "Oh, yeah. That's great, no problem. I'll just do that."

"Aang, no one said it's going to be easy," Katara said.

I got up, "This may come as a shock, but I'm a very good firebender-"