Chapter 42

"U-um...Should I leave, your holiness..?" I asked with a trembling voice.

Bruh, who doesn't feel awkward when you spoke casually with the servant of god?! Hendrix's smile quickly dropped. What? What did I do wrong?!

"Stella, why don't you call me Hendrix?" His sharp gaze made me feel I should obey him, quietly....

"You are the high priest. How dare I call your holiness by your name?"

That's right! I am still a religious person here. I know who to respect and who to call by their name, casually. Dear goddess, forgive this one for calling your servant by his name.

Hendrix grabbed my hand and pulled me until I almost hit his chest.

"You got my permission. No one will dare to judge my opinion." He said lowly and slowly let my hand go.

People will still judge, ya know?

"If you insist..." I don't want to be formal too actually :/

Hendrix's smile returns as he led me to the hall of the temple. This hall is only used only when the royal is marrying or when an oracle sent by God appeared. Basically, if you are a not important person, you have no right to enter this hall.

"This hall is beautiful..." I muttered to myself and observe the hall.

A crystal chandelier hanging on the ceiling with angels, gods, goddesses, mythology animals drawn on the ceiling, diligently and beautifully. The lights inside the hall were lighted up by magic as I can sense them very well.

"This hall took 3 years to finish. The drawing alone was finished by 1 and a half year. Thanks the donation from nobles, royalty, and citizens. This church turned out, splendidly." Hendrix touched the big bible as his eyes roamed the hall.

3 years?! What the fu-I mean- what the God?! 3 years? Just how devoted these people are in this half.

"Sir, do you take care of everything here?" Since the atmosphere is awkward, let's just ask awkward stuff even more.

"Ah no, I have my assistant to help me every day. He would take care of magicians, knights, and priests here while I would do all the paperwork and listen to God's voice. You must have heard about princess Victorian and Arisa Gaia, right?"

"The new blessed child?" I decided to sit on a chair that was made for people who visit.

"Yes, she happens to be one of our temple's magicians. I don't know the sudden reason but the God who blessed Arisa suddenly came in contact."

"Isn't this a bit personal for outsiders like me to listen...?" I laughed, awkwardly. Hendrix just smiles.

"No, you're an holy servant yourself so it's not something that is personal."

"I-I see..." He is too open! Is he an actual God himself?!

"If there are two blessed children then...the war for the throne will be complicated, huh..."

That's right! If you are the blessed child, the throne will naturally become yours but Victorian is a blessed child and already a crown princess. No one will support Arisa unless the aristocrats are against the emperor and the princess.

"Yes, I wanted to support Arisa but I have sworn my loyalty to the royals. Even though Arisa is not related to me, she is still one of my family." Hendrix looked down and sighed.

"Arisa must be your favorite person, huh..." I covered my mouth and giggled.

"I picked Arisa up when she was still 7 years old. Her parents abandoned her inside the temple. To me, Arisa is one of my favorite apprentices. Not only, she's intelligent but she's also skilled in magic."

Hendrix smiles just talking about his apprentice. Look at him...no teacher would look so passionate just talking about their apprentice.

Age doesn't matter. As long as I can love you, nothing is an obstacle to my love.

By Stella Vince Sapphire when she was still in her cringy academy days.

"If she wants the throne, what would you do?"

I asked Hendrix.

"If people support her to the point that she can claim her throne then that is something I cannot do but if she wants the throne forcefully with greed then as her mentor and brother, no, father, I must stop her at any cost." Hendrix's expression turns serious.

"I hope we get a peaceful result." I ended the conversation just like that.

It's not my affair, but I have the power to support one of these blessed children. I cannot just support each of them freely, I am the kind of person who judges the book by its cover. If someday, I have to choose to support one of them, it might take a long time.

(K: Editor san, why do I get a potential pedophile vibe coming out from Hendrix even though I wrote his character XD?

A: You should just make him love Arisa like a father would xD There are some pedophilic vibe about how he passionately describe her lol)

A small conversation we had XD