Chapter 48: A Clue

Edited by Ara_shii also, thanks for thinking for this title of this chapter :D

Phantom detectives is an unofficial detectives group that only has 4 members. They are Calliope, Laurabella, Marina, and Freya. The four detectives who have solved many cases, even phenomenal cases, including haunted houses and places that have a bloody massacre before.

Calliope, the one who created the group, starting from herself then Marina, Freya, and Laurabella. Even though Calliope was the one who created it, she isn't the leader. No one is the leader except their own self.

They only accepted cases from commoners as the nobles mocked and looked down on them. Usually, it took only 3 days for them to solve a case, no matter how mysterious that case was. However, they sometimes also took at least 3 months to solve some cases too, because they are humans.

"I heard you called me...father..."

Calliope looks straight into the purple eyes of the man that's staring down upon her. The man who sits on the throne with his hand under his chin.

"Come back home. I've only granted you permission for 3 years of freedom but you've left the palace for 8 years now. Your brother will inherit the throne soon, come back to the palace."

"I don't want to live inside a palace that feels like a prison. Father didn't stop me yourself plus I never said I will accept those 3 years of freedom. I have sought and seen the outside world. I am old enough to live my life on my own. Just pretend that princess Calliope didn't exist. She died a long time ago."

Calliope turned her back and was about to leave but was stopped by her father.

"Are you still angry about that incident...?" He looked down, feeling guilty.

"No...but I am forever furious. Unless I get my revenge, I will never return to the palace until I die."

With that, she closes the door behind her, loudly.

"Calliope, why can't you stay inside the palace? Father is getting older and older, you need to look after him."

Joseph grabbed Calliope's shoulders and shook them. Calliope casually pushes his hands away.

"You can look after him yourself. I have a business to do."

"I'm also still angry about that 7 years ago incident. If only...If only that motherfucker..." He grips her on her shoulders again but even tighter.

"No need to worry, I will get our revenge. Father is getting older and older. Joseph, you need to take care of the kingdom's affairs until elder brother returns. I know brother Caesar will understand our feelings. I have work to do now. I have one more thing to ask."

"What is it?"

"Do you happen to know a girl that has a pair of blue eyes like sapphires and blonde hair as if they are made from gold? Her name apparently means star."

"Hm...blue eyes and blonde hair is very common but! I know this very famous princess of the Winchester empire. She is a real beauty! She's matched what you described! Stella Vince Sapphire Winchester, the crown princess of the Winchester empire. If she didn't marry to Ethan, she would have become our sister in law!!!"

Joseph speaks with stars sparkling on his eyes. Calliope widens her eyes and immediately jumps from the window.

"What the heck is her problem...? Well, Calliope has been like that since we were children."

Q: Do you guys play Mr love Queen's choice/ Love and Producer?

PS: Happy birthday to Kiro/Zhou Qilou! 9 /April