58: Well well

In that night, Stella slept inside my room. I just continue and doing my works as usual. The incident from the afternoon still bothered me somehow, the assassin is on this ship which all of us sleep on.

I dropped my pen and touch the fabric that was left by the assassin. As someone who has lived many lives with different careers and roles, I got to say this assassin is quite the clumsy.

Stella gave this to me and tell me not to worry about it but I don't want to intend this mouse and cat game any longer so I'll do this tonight and end this one and for all.

I teleport out of the room without leaving trace of magic behind. This won't wake Stella up.

Guards...

Guards...

Guards...

They're all suspicious, everyone is suspicious. I glance around just in case if there are any sort of thing that will caught my eyes.

"Hahh, seem like we got a long way to go~"

"You bet! Winchester is too far! It's at least gonna be 3 to 4 days more."

The guards's gossiping around while one of them yawn. I concealed my mana and my presence while listening to their conversation.

"You know, I heard that there is some stuff going on in Winchester."

"You mean...the return of the exiled prince?"

"Yeah, I heard rumours saying he has returned."

The exiled prince huh? Edgar Winchester...of course he'll return. His next move, what will he do, what will happen, I knew them all of course.

"Shhh!! If one of the Winchester people hear you, you're dead! It's forbidden secret!" One of the guard shush them and the area turn silent.

It's basically not a forbidden thing, people can say all they want. I rest my back against the wooden wall while staring at the star.

Million of stars are trying to get close to the moon, but in the end, there is only one big star that can get close to the moon.

That's what the legend say.

To get close to the person you love, you need to become the strongest to be with them but that is a just a lie, even a kid could click their tongue and walk away.

It's not you who choose the person you love, it's them that actually choose you. There are million of stars yet the moon picked the small and least brightest one to be near it.

The biggest one is strong but the smallest one is the bravest of all.

Courage will lead you to the bright side but spirits alone won't help, you need strength to get to the end of the road.

I stared at the sky for as long as I remembered until the silent short scream of the guards grabbed my attention.

I hid behind the wall for sometimes to listen to the assassin's conversation.

"We're done killing those guards. It's time to take the princess."

"What do you mean by that!!? The prince is there! This is prince Ethan we're talking about. He's the lord of holy weapons and demonic magic! And his wife, princess Stella! The first one to have the constellation magic after thousand of years! Are you sure we can take on them!!? Why don't we just escape and report to lord!?"

"Don't be stupid, we have poison magic with us. They won't be stupid enough to touch poison weapon. Poison spread quicker and soon, it'll take over the entire room and kill them."

"That is just stupid and reckless."

Two intruders...one is stupid and one is quite smart. Indeed, that first is too stupid that I just wanted to reveal myself and shoo them off because of his stupidity.

"Whatever, I'll kidnap the princess by myself. I don't need a coward like you to tag along."

"Hah, Fine!! I'll just escape by myself, have fun dying by the hands of Winchester's royals."

After that, the second intruder just flew off the ship. I didn't chase after the other one since in the end, either will he get lost in this mist of ocean or he got eaten by sea creatures.

He will be lucky if he survived.

I patiently walk back to the room, knowing Stella will handle that fellow easily.

......

In the bedroom, I close my eyes while pretending to sleep. It's not my intuition that told me to wake up but it's because of the noise that coming to this way.

The door crack opened with the shadow of a tall man covering the room. I didn't move or snore, it was like I'm dead or something.

Once the man wrapped his hand around my neck, my eyes shot open as I kick him.

"Seem like someone is visiting me." I rub where my he touched and return my attention to him.

"B-bitch!" He coughed while I just stand there waiting for him.

The man quickly got up and swing his dagger around recklessly. I dodged him quite easily and infused my magic into my fist and punch him in his stomach.

However, I noticed that my clothes were getting melted. Poison magic...? I tear off that part of cloth and begins to concentrating on absorbing the light of star and moon.

Poison magic is quite strong, I cannot let my guard down yet.

The man charged to me and splash his poison everywhere, but it's mostly aiming towards me.

The light of the star and magic begin to convert into my mana. Thank to it, I was able to recharge my power and dodge his attack.

I get closer to him and punch him in his face then proceed to kick him in his stomach.

The normal rope would be useless against him so I decided to create a magic rope and tied his hands.

Ethan opened the door behind and and lock it afterwards.

"Well well, who would have thought that that intruder is actually is the guard that cheers me up one the other day?"