47: The phantom detective

Edited by Ara_shii  also, thanks for thinking up of the title for this chapter!!

~~~~

"Do you think she's still alive?"

"Definitely. Don't you see she is breathing?"

"Hey! I brought the food and I found some information about the criminals in this area. Seems like we've got to take turns guarding tonight."

"We'll split up and look for the criminals, except you, Marina."

"Why me?"

"Because you're good with humans."

"And aren't you a human yourself?"

"I am a shitty introverted neet. I can't talk with everyone."

Urgh...what the fuck? Shitty neet? The bloody hell is that?

"Oh, look! She's awake!"

"Hello! How are you?"

When I'm finally able to open my eyes, I was surrounded by 4 girls. Nani? Did....did I got assaulted?!

"Ahhh!!!!" I screamed.

"Kyaaa!!!!" One of them screamed.

"Gahhhh!!!!" Another one screamed.

"Hiiiiii!!!!!" She's screeching.

"Fuckkkkk!!!!!!!" She's cursing and screaming at the same time.

I finally stopped screaming because I found it pointless since all of them are humans.

"W-who are you guys?" I scooted back from where I slept. They looked at each other and smiled.

"We aren't bad guys, trust me! My name is Laurabella Vincebel. I am a member of the phantom detectives. It's obvious that I am a detective."

One of them approached me and introduces herself with a smile. Detective? All of them looked like they are nobles...

"You guys came from noble families, right?" I asked them, still hiding under the warm blanket.

"No, no. Only Calliope and I came from noble families. These two are the typical people you can find anywhere, ohohoho~"

Why do I feel like you are insulting them?

"Well then, introduce yourself, guys." Laurabella elbowed the girl next to her with a blank face, I mean, the girl had no emotion or smile on her face. She's almost emotionless than Wendy.

"Calliope...you can just call me Calliope. I have my own reasons..."  Less than thirty words.

"I'm Marina. I am also a detective."

Slender figure but not that tall, she has a beautiful face. She almost looks like a noble but I guess her parents must be a beautiful couple since every single one of her features is very beautiful.

"Freya...my name is Freya."

"Nice to meet you." I reach out my hand to her, waiting for a handshake and she returned it.

She must be awkward...I guess she's the one who said shitty introverted neet.

Four detectives who live in a cottage. I am not doubting them because...detectives are always mysterious. According to a certain novel that I used to read back when I was still an innocent spoiled brat.

"And you are? You still haven't introduced yourself, yet." Laurabella crossed her arms across her chest and leaned against the wall.

"Ste-...My name is Star! You can call me Star!!"

I'm not wrong, right? Stella means star...I'm not wrong...or.....GAHHH!!!

"Star? That totally fits you. Your parents sure know how to name their children." Marina smiles.

Of course...When I was born, there was a rain of shooting stars across the midnight sky. The rain of shooting stars only happened once a hundred years. This means a star magic-user is born. I was only awakened into the star magician after my previous life's parents and my whole family killed off.

Haha...fuck you.

"Blue eyes like sapphire gems with blonde hair like a golden thread. Do I know you...?"

Calliope stands up from the ground and kneels down with her hands on her knees. Those purple eyes...I-I am suffocating...I feel like they're putting me inside a mist.

"Urgh!"

I used my magic to push her away but Calliope dodged. Hah...hah...I can't breathe...

Clenching the blanket, I coughed and vomit saliva. Tears dripped from my eyes and I feel like my heart is on fire.

"Calliope! That is enough!" Laurabella holds Calliope's arm and tried to stop her.

"I only wanted to test her. Don't you see she has magic?" Calliope didn't stop her suffocating magic on me.

"Enough!!" I broke the magic using my magic and pant.

"Hang in there." Marina grabbed me before I collapsed and puts her hand on my forehead.

"You will be alright in a moment."

Oh...I'm...going to sleep...

~~~~

"Princess Calliope, you shouldn't use your magic to suffocate others." Laurabella massaging her temples and sighed.

"I sensed strong magic coming from her. To think that it's actually a curse."

Calliope wrapped her arms around her stomach and stumble onto the ground.

"Her features are definitely noble. What kind of commoner would have a well-cared body? Just look at her hands, they don't have scratches or anything." Freya lifted one of Stella's hand.

"A curse, huh...? It seems like we've got ourselves another job. Let's investigate this person before she gets up. Marina's sleeping magic should make her sleep for, at least, 3 three days. 3 days is enough for us, am I right?" Laurabella dusts her pants and grabs her coat and her hat.

"Phantom detectives, I shall meet you here in three days."

With that, all of them split up and disappeared, leaving Stella to sleep in the cottage, alone.

................

I-....please read it this way first.....