54: Cursed

The sudden return of the missing princesses spread like fire. As soon as the emperor of Graham spotted his daughter covered with bruises and dirt, he immediately grabbed her and dragged her inside the palace, and now, she got grounded.

Stella was still inside Ethan's embrace despite returning. Although, no one could really blame him for keep hugging his wife like this. Stella and him haven't seen each others for months now.

"Ethan, I am not going anywhere! We're still at Graham, dummy!" She won't admit that she still wanted to be in his embrace though.

"Who cares? We are their guests."

"You are their guest, I am here to serve them as their princess's guard." Stella squirmed around like a worm, trying to get out of his embrace.

"I don't care." His answer was still the same. Stella sighed, well, at least now she has her husband to hug her every night back.

While they're at their pleasure paradise, there was a knock on the door which returned Stella back to her reality world. While Ethan could only make a grim face, wishing to murder the hell out of that person.

Stella opened the door and was greeted by Calliope, the magician of a detective group from another empire who accompanied her back to Graham.

"Calliope? I thought you was getting your rest?!"

"I was, but I want to talk to Prince Ethan. Even if it just for a second." Calliope's determined face couldn't make Stella refuse, so she welcomed Calliope inside.

"I assumed you already know me, your highness." Calliope opened her hood revealing her silver hair and majestic purple eyes.

Ethan doesn't look good but he still remained his cool.

"Why wouldn't I know you? After all, we used to know each other."

"I'm glad that you remembered me. I will get down to business in one go, help me find this person." Calliope took out a paper with a drawn man on it.

Stella picked up the paper and observed the man properly. The art was very detailed. The way they drew the man was extremely realistic.

He had short hair, reaching his neck. It would be long, considering his gender as a male. His eyes were sharp,. From just a moment, Stella could already tell no matter how skilled this artist is, they cannot do this man's looks justice.

Ethan who seem to noticed her, he immediately snatched the picture with a smile but it wasn't a friendly one.

"Why should I help you to find this man?" Ethan said with a sharp tone, like always.

"This man...is a powerful magician, at our empire. I wished to find this man, please...help me." Calliope was begging him with tears glistening in her eyes.

Stella who can read the situation well, decided to leave them both alone for now. She knows these two must have known each other for a long time.

"I'll take my leave now, you guys can discuss it freely here." Stella closed the enormous wooden door behind her and walked to the garden filled with flowers.

Come to think of it, Empress Selene loved lavender but there was no sign of a single lavender here in the garden.

"What bring the lovely crown princess of Winchester here?" Priest Hendrix showed up with his usual gentle smile.

"Because...this is where I stayed...my palace...is over there..." Stella awkwardly pointed to the tall building behind her. Hendrix said nothing beside making an "oh" face.