Chaper 16

(Continued)

Kiya | Ky |
Houston, Texas

"Come slide with me right quick." K3 said tapping my shoulder as i sat on his sofa in the living room. Me and Nari ended up staying here last night and i took a shower this morning and put on a pair of sweats that Kamari gave me and a hoodie. Luckily Nari had some clothes in my trunk that she changed into after she took her shower. That was the first words he's said since i been here.

"Nari im coming back." I told her as i stood up.

"Yall just gone leave me in this house by myself?" She frowned.

"Call Peyton or sum, we'll be back." I said as i followed Kamari out the door. I twisted the door knob just to make sure it was locked. I got in the passenger seat of Kamari's car and sat there awkwardly because it was silent. No music or nothing just the sound of the outsiders on the outside of the car.

"You okay?" I asked. He didn't respond though he just proceeded to drive looking straight ahead. I just nodded my head and looked out the window at the cars that passed by. He finally turned the radio on and Ghetto Angels by NoCap played throughout the car. As the song played I couldn't help but think about my best friend and Dad.

"Kyky ask your mama if you can come to the candy lady with me." Laylani said as she stood leaned against my fence in the front yard.

"Hollon." I said before running into the house. "Ma." I yelled. But i still didn't get a answer i finally made it to her room.

"Ma, i can go to the candy lady house with Laylani?" I asked.

"Come back before the street lights come on." She told me and i smiled. "Can i get a dollar for a dixie cup?" I asked and she nodded toward her dresser. I went over to her dresser and grabbed 4 quarters before running back outside.

"She said yeah." I told Laylani.

"Okay come on." She said stepping away from the fence. I walked out the front gate and walked along the sidewalk with Laylani.

"Girl, guess who like you" She said.

"Who?"

"Girl, Deion." She said smiling at me as my cheeks began to get hot.

"Your lying." I said shaking my head.

"Now why would i lie to you?" She asked.

"Well, how you know this?" I asked as we looked both ways before crossing the street.

"Cause, you know Keion his brother and when i was over at they house letting they mama do my hair they were talking about it."

"Wait, so you met Keion mama?" I asked shocked. Laylani and Keion are the cutest couple ever and this girl been waiting to meet his mama for forever.

"Yeah, like 3 days ago and she offered to do my hair yesterday I didn't know if that was a insult or what bet shit I didn't mind it was free." She shrugged.

"But Deion wanna take you out Friday." She added with a smile.

"Why didn't he come ask me hisself?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Easy, he's scared of rejection something that you always do to niggas." She said and i laughed because it was true. But everybody knew i liked Deion. Hell, even the teachers knew i liked Deion. But then again maybe he just wanna fuck and dip because he know i like him.