Chapter 23

Kiya | KY |
Houston, Texas

"Omg, Kiya are you okay?" Zay came ran up to me and asked. I was confused so i just looked at her with my eyebrows raised.

"You didn't hear? Pookie's missing but they say since he's a grown man and grieving about his daughter that he probably just wanted to be a little MIA for a while." She said. "But i feel like something happened to him though." She added.

"That's sad, this world is just crazy and dangerous, i hope he's okay though." I said feeling bad for lying to her about the whole thing. She just looked at me and gave me a small smile.

"So how did yall date go?" She asked smiling.

"It was good, but he's not my type." I shrugged then her smile turned into a frown.

"Oh well we'll find you a nigga one day." Zay said and i looked at her with a small smile.

"Oh yeah i would like to apologize if you thought i was being rude at the dinner." I said genuinely.

"Oh no im straight ian feel no type of way I figured you just did it cause K3 was right there." She shrugged nonchalantly. I really feel bad for lying to her but its not my business to tell. "Wassup with yall anyway?" She asked.

"We chillin." I shrugged.

"That's not a answer but ima let it slide, but whew we haven't been out here in a while." Zay said looking around the the filled park. I was outside today and i was hot as fuck because i had a long sleeve shirt on to hide my wrapped arm.

There were kids and grown people on the courts playing basketball. They had little kids running around with dixie cups. Boys trying to spit game on girls. People posted on the block. I mean everybody was outside today.

"Where Nana and Riley?" Zay asked me.

"Umm Riley should be on the way and i think Nana with Dooda and his daughter." I said.

"Wassup with you and Bean?" I asked.

"Bitch i got a stepchild and another 1 on the way." She said sticking her tongue out. I just shook my head laughing.

"He let you meet his daughter yet?" I asked.

"Nah, im meeting her next Wednesday i gotta meet the mama too." She said rolling her eyes.

"Whats that for?"

"Cause ion have time for the babymama drama that shit is dead." She said swiping her hand under her chin.

"I feel you." I nodded turning my head over seeing Riley walking over to where me and Zay was.

"Im surprised Reese let you come outside by yourself." Zay joked and we laughed.

"Girl he didn't, he over there getting something out the store." She said rolling her eyes. Reese don't let Riley do anything by herself but I don't blame him though to many people gunning for him to just let her be out by herself and something happens to her. This is honestly a step up because at first he was barley letting her come out the house.

"His ass don't ever let you go no where by yourself." Zay said laughing.

"Hey how you doing Miss Kiya." Riley said bucking her eyes at me since I didn't speak.

"Hey Riley." I said flipping her off.

"Where Nana?" She asked flipping me off as well.

"Stepmama duties." I said and she nodded.

"Excuse me can you open this for me?" A little boy came over and asked me and i looked at him in awe. He was so cute.

"Sure, whats your name?" I asked reaching for the white gatorade that was in his hand. I grabbed his gatorade and opened it before handing it back to him.