Camellia Blooms - THIRTY- TWO

Miss

I sometimes miss our bond.

Those special times where we experience laughter, sorrow and joy.

It was indeed the moments we had together that I greatly miss, and of course, his presence.

I wonder when it'll stop.

I wonder if this pain in my heart can also vanish into the air.

...

"Yuu hasn't come here for a month or so, is something the matter?"

My mother seems to sense Yuu's dissappearing act. I can't actually blame her, I wasn't too conspicuous when I try to avoid Yuu.

Right now, Yuu is in another region, he has finally achieved his dreams to become a doctor.

Before our high school, I told Yuu to give me some space. I told him that we're already in high school and should act in caution, I'm a girl and he's a boy and that there should be an understanding about that.

In my high school time, our time together is limited to the point that I haven't seen him for three days. I was focused on my studies and my extra curricular activities and he was too.

Before I knew it, I was bidding him goodbye at the airport. I remember crying my heart out when he left to study abroad.

I already experienced it, but I still cried. He's my best friend, the person who stood for me through hard times. He have a special part in my life and he is family for me.

"Callia?"

I was too caught up in my thoughts when Mom put her hands on my shoulders, smiling at her, I answered.

"Just... something... we'll both manage, don't worry"

I can only smile towards mom, but I felt her stare was too strong that I finally avoid her gaze.

"It's your business, the two of you should handle it, don't let your pa notice"

I nodded at mom and went inside my room. I couldn't stomach her gaze, I just don't want to break down in front of her and confess.

Slipping on my bed, I could only wish for the night to come and for my dreams to swept me off of my problems.

...

"Hey intern, did you hear?" I was nudged by my mentor as she talked in a whisper.

"What?" I furrowed my brow, not understanding her words.

"Aiyah! You don't know? How could you- let me tell you, there's a new person that's about to work in our company! He was rumored as the best IT and graduated in a well known University in America!"

She's Mei Ling, a woman in her late twenties who love to gossip and is also mentor. I was fortunate to have her as my mentor, although she's too much of a gossiper but she's a great mentor.

"Who?" I could only ask, now that she has mentioned it, I'm really curious to this great person.

This company is a lot more strict and professional, they also want to have the best of the best workers. There's a lot of competition when it comes to other companies but in here, you will be honed and you will learn so much.

I just hope to be a part of this company and to make my parents proud, I don't need some distraction.

Not when I am finally living the life that I wanted.

***
Hello people! Thank you for the votes! Happy 6k reads!!!

Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!