CHAPTER 22: A Long Bathroom Break.

Chapter 22: A Long Bathroom Break.

Lewis Kaplan 17|

"He won't!" I said and repeated like a mantra "He won't find out. And I didn't sleep with him."

"Hmm," she hummed puffing out a minty vapor. "Did you make him listen yet?" she asked her twin.

"Nah, that's your job." He said then left us alone "Bye, we can't all be missing from the dinner table, mama was just texting me about it."

Grace lowered herself on the couch opposite of mine and said "Here, listen to this song." she handed me a music player with air pods. After a few seconds she dangled the air pods in my face "Your ears won't bleed from this, so listen or hear me talk about it?" her brows lifted.

I grabbed them and plugged them in. Because of how sore my bruises were I flopped on the couch belly down to listen to the song. After it played out, I watched her cross and uncross her legs, laugh then comment "Oh Kaplan you should maintain the position you were lying in. I quiet like the view."

I had shifted positions from lying belly down and was now lying on my back facing the ceiling.

"Or rather you can stay in that position, but I'll have you know that all I'm doing right now visualizing your legs hiked up Zhavia's strong broad shoulders as he's pounding into you. Have you imagined that before, I bet you have?" she laughed.

I cleared my throat, adjusting back to a seating position despite the heat growing on my face and said the first thing that came to mind "The song was a bore, what is it called?"

"I don't know, but it was sung by a group called the Beatles."

"What a stupid name, I bet they never made it."

She laughed as she came to sit beside me "It isn't stupid, they were pretty big in their time...they caused what was called Beatlemania. It was the sixties, words like gay and gay which had been around a long time suddenly became popular. It had never been considered normal before but boys started wearing their hair long, college graduates gathered together in rooms, took off their clothes, smoked pot or did LSD and played folk music whilst they had communal sex and girls were put on what was called the pill." she said

I tried not to let it happen but my eyes bulged at the information anyway "The age of AIDS?" I asked

"No," she started, with a frown "this was the age of the sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll scene. Also, you may find this difficult to believe but if you sneak into your father's library you'll see that I'm not lying when I tell you that this was also the age when an American President Johnson inducted kids into a war to fight in the jungles of Southeast Asia. Women...biological women were demanding equal rights to vote and in America specifically Americans of African descent were demanding to be treated as equals to white people. There were even a few whispers not confident yet to be loud in their fight to be seen as normal for being gay and lesbian."

I scoffed at her implications "What history did they teach you in South, everyone knows America was a land of the free. Excuse me I have to go back before my father is really enraged."

Grace held me back by my elbow "What do you know about America?"

"Uhm, it was consolidated together with other nations close to its region to form one of the world's four nations. So, it's now a part of the West."

"True, but did they also tell you that the state the President of the West lives in used to be America?"

It wasn't important for us to know of the past worlds, I hadn't met anyone my age who cared enough to talk about it and I bet she didn't know her history of the South either so I countered with my own question. "Who cares about that, I bet you don't even know your own history of South either."