CHAPTER 37: Lunch Date Part 1 of 2

Lewis Kaplan|

The hour was exactly one in the afternoon. I was sat on atop a desk with my feet dangling below the tall height of wood as I imagined how the hour would be spent with Zhavia. A book I'd long forgotten to finish re-reading was threatening to fall from my hands and I could feel the stretch on my own lips. As my mind dreamily outlined a scene on the sugar cloud I was on.

This is how it was playing out in my mind.

Zhavia would enter the classroom, locking the door behind him, the way he would turn that lock would be sinful in itself. He would also be shirtless and he would find me absolutely perfect. "Hi Babe." He'd say making his way toward me.

"Hi babe." I would reply him, suddenly lying in wait on a double bed.

I laughed at myself because the scene I was conjuring up didn't even make the slightest sense, but it felt nice to indulge. Especially as I imagined Zhavia's eyes staring down at me, his lips wet with seduction and desire. So, I indulged myself in the day dream as I waited for him. I indulged and indulged until we were both naked. Coming down from a sex high as Zhavia whipped out a perfect red rose from nowhere.

Then he would be suddenly in a pair of school slacks on one bended knee. "Will you move in with me?" he would ask. "In the Midlands?"

I would gasp half scandalized half excited, "But we're not even a couple and you haven't even told me you love me yet." I would protest buttoning up my shirt. Frantically, walking away from the bed as if I was hard to get. I rolled my eyes at the unrealistic daydream but it didn't stop me from going further.

Next, I imagined him stopping me with a hug from behind. Half begging, half reasoning with honey sweet words I wanted to hear. "Oh, but we are Lewis, maybe not officially but it's you and me against the grain. We are a couple and I love you." Then he would lift my hand to palm the left side of his chest so I could feel his chaotic heartbeat. "Would you please be my boyfriend?"

Just before I could imagine my response to him, the door to the classroom opened and Zhavia breezed in with a coolness to his demeanor. He locked the door with one hand the other supporting two takeaway boxes. "No, sit I'm ok see?" he said when he saw me try to jump off the door so I would help him carry the food.

"Is this why you were late?" I asked gesturing to the takeaway boxes he was putting on top of a desk beside me.

"No, etiquette classes made me late, I had help getting the food faster." He pulled two cans of drinks from his school slack pockets. One fizzy the other a tropical juice. "...Tanaka is best friends with the kitchen staff at the tuck-shop, did you know that?" he marveled.

Of course, I knew and I fought through an eye roll at the mention of Tanaka's name.

Tanaka was friends with everyone but I didn't want to talk about him. So I remained quiet, perched at the corner on top of the desk watching as he opened up the boxes. Setting up one set of the cutlery set and pushing the fruit juice beside me as he took the fizzy drink for himself. "You ok?" he asked, beating at his chest so he would burp our the fizz.

I laughed, "Yea I'm fine, are you?" I gestured to the fizzy drink in his hands as I took a sip of the juice. It was warm and normally I would have requested specifically for a cold one from the tuck-shop, but since he bought it. Without me having even asked for it or hinted at it made it taste much better than all the cold ones I'd drank before.

He kissed the corner of my lips with a boyish smile that now I was sure, I would never completely get used to. "Yea I am. I always see you eating our nation's favorite comfort food. So here you go, your highness." He smiled at the food and bowed. The playfully charming gesture making his softly dreading hair fall from where it was crowned at the top of his head.