CHAPTER 36: Monday Morning Part 1/2

CHAPTER 37: Monday Morning Part 1/2

Lewis Kaplan age 18|

Come Monday morning, I was ushered into every class by five men clad in suits and equipped with guns and cuffs somewhere in the pockets of their pristine black jackets. "Get him to the Principal's office." The school's new history teacher instructed my bodyguards with a pointed finger and a creased forehead.

"I'm here by the order of The President." The Chief guard replied without even looking at her.

"And I swore an oath to his Excellency. You don't have to be here." She said, hands crossed over her chest.

"Hmm." He said but made no move from where he was to lead me in the Principal's office.

"I said get the First Son and the rest of your security in the Principal's office!" she was clearly losing patience.

"No."

I watched anger flash across her features then she cursed something in a dead language and then I watched her bicker with the chief guard, it was like watching a duel between a rabbit and a wolf.

The new replacement teacher was nothing like the old one who'd been missing for two days. She was petite with brown skin and silky long hair that touched her elbow. Whenever she would curse at him a biting tone took life on her tongue. Her insults came fast and liquid with sass. Her neck swayed in circles that made her hair dance along her marked shoulders.

The chief guard stared at her with amusement as she spewed more words of anger at him because he still refused to follow her instruction.

Some students gathered, discreetly watching the argument unfold from their lockers.

I wanted to cower away in embarrassment, even though I was the first son I'd never needed visible bodyguards in school. None of my friends and peers had needed them either even though they too could have used some. Tanaka and Talia for example, they were the Military Chief commanders kids.

The West had only one formal school, security here was airtight since most of our parents were the government and aids to it. Bodyguards were unnecessary but ever since the house break in they'd been on edge and more determined than ever to keep me away from mixed people and their... sympathisers.

"Silence!" The Vice Principal shouted angrily, then he said "All of you my office now. I have his Excellency on line three for you."

We all followed him to his office, the Chief guard walked behind all of us no doubt keeping an eye out on the perimeter for mixed bloods.

"You won't find any of them here Arturo." I craned my neck to face him, "They are not allowed in any full blood sections of the school or anywhere else." I finished with a lowered voice.

"Didn't stop them from breaking into the Green House, Sir."

I fought through the impulse to roll my eyes as we slid into my school Principal's office, who was a short, beer bellied man. He arose from his large desk with a sweaty forehead and lips that tried to smile at me. Behind him stood the Vice Principal who had no eyes for us but the phone and distaste for the scene outside.

The Principal addressed us with a head tilt in greeting, so to avoid shaking hands and so to get us on the phone quickly.

Arturo took hold of the phone putting it close to his ear, all amusement had vanished from his eyes to be replaced by a cold gaze meant for the new teacher. "Yes, Sir." He saluted like a good soldier when the call ended.

"The President says to stand down but not back off." Arturo started, "He also says you'll be putting him in good hands, I need to see them."

Knock! Knock!