CHAPTER 39: Deserved Nothing Short Of Death.

CHAPTER 23: Deserved Nothing Short Of Death.

Zhavia Yorush age 18 |

The School Principal gathered all students in the assembly and officially announced to us the death of two men during what was a frightful morning to most of the students. Full bloods were petrified but my kind braved the situation. Whilst the likes of Crocky and Zandile were not all that moved the deaths.

The late teacher was a common enemy who bored us with his incessant propaganda sermons on culture pride and outlined every way we were too abstract. Too lost, too Keffa and above all uncultured. His disciplinary plan for unruly mixed bloods was of.... there weren't any words to describe the trauma causing discipline he reserved only for us.

I felt Crocky leaning in to me to whisper, "Those two deserved nothing short of death."

A local war unit in the government had breach coded the duo's illegal activities. It was said they had allegedly tried to run away to the Midlands. The West forces had spent the last part of the previous night pillaging our houses and congesting traffic. All in an effort get every mixed blood registered with the school to climb into a bus and head for the school grounds. To establish who else was a sell-out.

Nevertheless, they hadn't gotten all of us.

Tiger, Dylan and their partners in business had sent out a gaffa unit, spectacularly talented in forgery and hacking. To distribute fake Identification Cards for everyone of mixed descent who seemed in need. In order for us to avoid any more deaths, because the late male student. The one caught attempting to flee with the late teacher was of mixed blood and there was no telling what Full bloods would do to us if they so much as suspected anything. Let alone learn of the coming coming coup against their president.

I felt Crocky who was on my right side lean forward to whisper the same thing to Zandile who was on my left. "Those two deserved nothing short of death." He said.

I rolled my eyes at him and felt inclined to speak up. "That teacher was horrible but no one deserves to die in that cruelty."

"He was Burri to the core and a fucking hypocrite, he deserved it. They both did." Zandile said, adding "What? didn't you hear? It was voluntary, that Burri teacher you're defending was smashing Vee. Vee was a fucking sell out – can you imagine screwing a Burri?" she shivered. Hugging herself tight in horror.

Crocky held back a snicker, cracking his knuckles at once.

Something in me moved and I felt nauseous at her words.

We had also just learnt that a chopper had come in the dawn of the morning to lift the remains of the teacher for his family. The corpse of Vee had been wheel burrowed to Mt Darwin where it was burned with no respect. He had died Keffa and a sell-out, therefore no one wanted him.

Back at the camp Elaine had tried but, in the end, she reported that his mother had ultimately refused to accept his corpse in her house. Nor give him a funeral on the account that he had become a traitor. The state was obviously glad he'd been done with, a Keffa who was fucking with one of their own? Yea, good riddance.

A local war collaborator in the army had recently joined the gaffas in secret at camp and tipped Tiger and associates. That the teacher had the habit of selling bread and fish to needy mixed people on black market prices. And yet on numerous occasions he would offer back handed compliments to the same mixed people despite having one on us writh between his sheets. This further alienated him with every Keffa and the government apparently. Whose economy he was screwing with by selling on the black market to us.