CHAPTER 24: Beautiful But Cold Like Snow.

Chapter 24: Beautiful But Cold Like Snow.

Lewis Kaplan 17 |

Instead of my own car or the car service provided by my parents, all week I'd been waiting and catching a ride in Ronald's car. And as such I left the locker room and made my way to the parking lot, half aware of what I would run into. I made my way there and was half surprised when I saw Zandile, Crocodile and Zhavia who was prying Esly off his arm.

All four of them were huddled in a corner their backs to me, so they never knew I was there five benches behind them. I was still getting used to it for since the week had started on Monday, I would see the three friends waiting for pick up in the parking lot. As they waited, they would engage in these lengthy loud discussions that almost always resulted in friendly debates amongst themselves.

They were all older than me by only a year and it showed in how they viewed the world but their social etiquette was poor, I could see how they would benefit in etiquette classes. They were loud and brazen, too brazen. A large portion of their debates were simply traitorous to the West.  Even though I agreed with some of their points I still couldn't help but think it was rather too dense for them to discuss such topics in the open. Where anyone could hear them and possibly report them for treason against the country and The President.

As I went to lower myself in my new seat, I gave a silent groan, not wishing to be seen especially by Crocodile whose knuckles were scrapped and had remnants of blood. The sight of his knuckles reminded me of the pain he inflicted on my face and it reminded me of the disgust he had toward me that pushed him to punch something metal. The side on my face was also starting to hurt more but I was waiting for the numbness of pain I'd chased for with pain killers to kick in.

I pulled out a notepad and a pen and started drafting a poem in my lap when a pebble hit my knee. I chased the sharpness of the weightless pain from my knee and went back to my poem. Another pebble hit me and this time I searched around the lot with my eyes as my hand chased the pain.

"You look weird, like a little orphan lamb sitting out here by yourself."

I smiled, watching Tanaka's sister sway towards me, "Why are you walking like that?"

Her lips spread into a wide smile "Is he looking?" she asked, with a lifted brow.

"Who? Ohhh" I looked at Crocodile and shook my head. "No. Sorry."

"Oh, it's ok, frustrating but fine. "she sat beside me, huffed and held my face in her hands. I hadn't bothered to sweep my hair into bangs so I felt a little self conscious. "What happened to you? Oh Lewy, who did that?"

I chuckled, "You should see the other guy."

She stared at me pointedly, urging me to tell the truth.

I sighed, could feel myself losing resolve "It's nothing, don't worry about it." I felt self-conscious under her stare so I ran a hand through my hair and brought it forward to cover any part of my face it could.

"Lewy. Lewis."

"Last Saturday after the bonfire..." I started to speak and looked into her eyes. They were a champagne brown glowing with present worry and I considered everything I had gone through, every emotion I had felt going through it and the self-loathing I couldn't decipher. I decided against telling her any of it on the account of not wanting to be a burden, I considered her a friend and I realized to an extend I considered her a sister.

That was messed up in every which way because she was Tanaka's sister and just like her brother I don't know if she considered me a friend let alone a brother so I lied. "I pissed off some seniors, today they got to me."