CHAPTER 40: Dead Bodies

Zhavia Yorush 18|

Ten dead bodies lay on the stretched metal pyre in the centre of the lab's cold room. I walked around it inspecting them for marks I knew they would carry. The corpses were dressed in neatly pressed high neck shirts all in an effort to give them some dignity to cover their injuries.

"Who found them?" I asked.

Elaine dropped the phone in her hand down into the front of her lab coat pockets and explained to me how the bodies came to us this time. The last time this had happened had been five weeks ago, soon after the school had been closed down.

Each time I would usually receive the dead bodies in the lab since Elaine was still in the Midlands. Also, each time it was someone renowned in the camp who would be abducted. They would be missing for a week or more. Only to be found lying naked and dead with the word Keffa carved by a sharp object over their tattoos in the middle of the road or something.

This time the case was different, Elaine was back. Also the bodies had been dropped in the middle of the camp by an unidentified helicopter.

We all knew who had done this, and it filled me with a rage that drove me to punch at the wall. Elaine finished explaining rather hesitantly. "I imagine they are silently killing off all mixed people to save money. The government is struggling so much that bank savings from Multis won't save them. To them..." she gestured to the stretched metal pyre. "...this is an ethical way of assisting with natural selection to save on declining resources."

"You could be right, but I can't reconcile why they're gunning us down when they could just dust us off with the XY. Wouldn't that make things quicker for them and maybe even kinder to us?"

She pressed a gloved finger over her lips, just barely touching at them as she thought. Then finally she spoke. "I can't be too certain but I feel very convinced in my theory to speculate."

She took a moment to let me rebut her thoughts and when I didn't, she continued. "The Midlands is hesitating to commit their assistance to us; therefore, it is possible to assume our President heard about it and with the stolen bloods vials tsk. They can't afford to dust us because we'll obviously dust them back with the little that we have."

"Will we though? We only have three blood vials from the Rajeshs"

"They don't know that." She moved around me to slide back the bodies in their containers as she continued, "The General made noise about how his house was infiltrated when he was away, the media was allowed to cover it by Kaplan. Thank heavens, nothing was said about the blood vials and none of us have seen both pair of the twins to learn more of what's been said behind closed doors. But for all we know the government thinks we are in possession of six of the only twelve blood vials in the West. Because since the General is with us, he must've let them believe that." she shrugged then turned to the safe were we kept the vials.

My brother chose that moment to enter the lab.

A scowl sat on his face, his eyes were red and dried in a way that showed that they been wet just moments back. "I was just on a call with the General, he's in the North sourcing for a treaty that can ally with us." He informed us, then asked. "How many this time?"

"Ten." We replied him in unison.

"It's time to fight fire with fire Zhavia!" Tiger slammed a fist across his open palm for emphasis.

I cracked my knuckles and agreed with him, "I agree. Permission to mobilise the available youth for phase two of my three step plan of the Coup now?"