CHAPTER 31: Snakes and Hickeys.

CHAPTER 31: Snakes & Hickeys.

Lewis Kaplan Age 18|

Tanaka drove me back home in his car, I was in the passenger seat his date was in the back seat. The whole drive back to my house was a smooth sail with the two of them easily driving their flirty conversation. Whilst my thoughts were all consumed by Zhavia.

So much fantasizing it was a miracle I didn't respond to their pleasantries with sentences composed of nothing but symphonies of Zhavia's name. And the shape of his body and the taste of his lips when they would try to get me to join their conversation.

When I realised, I had forgotten myself I pursed my lips together, my insides squirming with the movement as blood rushed to my head because of the secret I had in me. I tried not to but despite knowing I would be questioned I smiled to myself; a wide stretched smile, teeth and all. My gaze floated sideways and met Tanaka's.

He smiled at me with an arched brow in question, my smile only worked to grow itself and I sighed deep and looked back out the window. There was no roadblock although I noticed a few police cars racing ahead of us with their sirens off. But nothing could take away the high I was under, the live ghost he had left all over my lips, all over my skin. On my hips, my waist, my arse and above all. My heart.

I didn't know him, but I'd had a piece of him in me for years. It made no logical sense but I felt in love with him.

"Wanna share with the rest of the class what you're smiling about?" Tanaka said. Chortling a laugh.

My heart sped at how much I wanted to share, but even though the high of Zhavia's affections on me didn't wither I felt my smile slip away a little. When I realized I was still upset at Tanaka, without facing him I dismissed him with a wave of my voice. "It's nothing, I like that song." I gestured for the radio.

He cleared his throat and I realised, there was no song playing. Instead it was the remix of the National Pledge being played on the radio. Various remixes of the National Pledge were all the radio stations had been playing for music ever since a series of robberies had been going on for months. With the last stint being a few days ago.

I stole a single glance at Tanaka.

He looked stunned, he opened and closed his mouth but didn't say anything more as we drove the rest of the way in stinging silence.

"Lewis?" Tanaka blew me out of my reverie once we reached the outside of my gate. "Are we ok?" he asked.

Involuntarily my eyes flickered everywhere else but his eye contact. "Mhm." I promised trapping my bottom lip between my teeth.

I felt his unbelieving gaze rove all over my face, then he trapped his own bottom lip but didn't say anything else right then.

"It was nice to meet you Lewis." The girl that had moved into the front seat said. Thankfully breaking the silence that had frozen us in place.

"It was nice to meet you too..." I supplied, forgetting her name at the same time stealing glances at the security guards marching up to escort me through the gate.

"Audrey. It's Audrey." She smiled, in a way that showed her complete self-awareness at her own radiant beauty. The pride in her looks wasn't too volatile but it was there, blowing waves in her aura. Which explained why Tanaka had found her interesting enough after years of pining after the girl's lookalike. She was really beautiful, confident and mixed – just his type.

"Well it was nice to meet you too Audrey, enjoy the rest of your evening." I amended with a farewell nod to both of them. "Thanks for tonight Tanaka."