CHAPTER 33: Training Areana Part1/2

CHAPTER 33: Training Arena Part1/2

Zhavia Yorush Age 18|

I thumped the wheel with the heel of my hand in a dangerous vice of anger as I sped down the dusty road. Everything that was happening with Tiger and Crocky's methods was nothing I had signed up for, and everything Dad had warned us against.

Virtually everything I had done since I was a boy was moulded by Tiger's footprints, I tried to fit in. And of course Crocky has always fit in them, the two of them thought exactly alike since we were kids.

But back then everything that my brother had done was inspirational and good. Everyone who was much older than us had basically tried to talk him out of his politics but he had remained steadfast, with retained ethics. Until six months ago when they shifted gears and started to guard the ship of the camp's heart and purpose with a fierce morally grey stance.

Full Bloods didn't make it easy on us, they kept killing us off, found new ways to starve us to death, invented lies to keep us on the backburner. Whenever they weren't abducting and killing those of us that openly protested their constitution, they found ways to make hell rain on those that allied with us.

Tiger, Dylan and their other associates and partners were willing to die for the cause, but none of them were willing to die in vain.

So, I completely understood when their methods dipped in the grey area of good and bad. In fact, at some point I was even one to suggest it. Seeing as to attain the goal of liberation called for breaking and stealing tools that were necessary for the end game.

But the capacity at which this was happening, and the pace and the forms the methods were becoming. I wasn't sure if we still had the heart we started with or if we were shape shifting to the heart of those we were fighting.

Stealing gold was unnecessary but at the same time It could be justified. If it meant that it would be smelted and sold off to help people. But as Tiger had made clear, the distribution of it came with a clear discrimination, I still couldn't believe it but this was the reality of it now. None of them cared and I don't know what they cared for anymore because Crocky.

My friend Crocky had ordered for Tanaka's house to be infiltrated. Tanaka Cheng? I scoffed, dropping my speed from forty-five to twenty-five as I neared the camp.

The Chengs had publicly come out as sympathizers, the government was working on demoting the General from his post. That should have garnered some trust at the very least, but Crocky didn't care. And least of all for Lewis, the first son, whose house wasn't to be broken into for the cause, for it was unnecessary, especially right now.

So why Crocky did it?

I pulled up behind Elaine's truck and slid out ignoring Audrey's protests.

Deep loud barking made me halt my steps and Pia came up beside me holding two leashes for the dogs. "They smell something." Pia said, looking at Audrey.

"Go ahead." I nodded; eyes narrowed on her shifty form.

A minute later Pia's dogs had worked to make Audrey reluctantly surrender. A clear plastic bag wedged between her thighs.

"What?" she fixed her dress and shrugged. "It's only weed, I found it in the Cheng girl's room."

We all just stared at her.

She rolled her eyes, "So it turns out Tanaka didn't just want to hit it. He wanted to sweet talk about an us, give me a house tour..." She drawled. "It was boring, so when I found that I took it, then a few minutes later you broke in and dragged me out. Now give me back my grass."