CHAPTER 33: Training Arena Part 2/2

[continued]

When I reached the parking lot, I recalled that I hadn't even checked in with my brother yet but I couldn't be less bothered to. I just stood there, in the empty lot and I wanted to act out. But I couldn't risk worrying the sweepers or looking like a fool to the animals we kept.

Instead I pressed fingers to my temples willing myself to feel something instead of thinking. There was too much to think of yet nothing to think of at the same time. My body was numb and then my head started weighting a ton with a numbness to it. My knees gave out and I settled for resting on the slab, usually occupied by preteen kids in between camp classes.

Out of my peripheral vision I saw my brother zig zag his way through the cars to where I was standing. "I know Crocky listens to fists and kicks but did you have to?" he said still mazing his way through to me. "I heard that you hit him pretty hard?"

I stood up and opened my palm, "I need your car keys, I can't take the truck and I can't stay. I'll be sleeping home tonight."

He paused, blinking then his features tightened and he reached into his pockets and gave me the keys.

I received them and without another word uttered from my mouth I left him and strode towards his car. He followed me in silence and when I reached the door, he slipped in the passenger side. "Excuse me?" I gestured for him to leave.

He shook his head, his eyes thoughtfully narrowed on me. "No chance. I'm not letting you go back home without some form of discussion. What happened in there?"

"You must be proud." I started with a chuckle, "Crocky broke into two houses today. One of them the President's and the other the Cheng's. Oh no, wait I'm not being fair. He broke into the President's house stole a watch, left a snake in there and the other one. Well he just sent in Audrey to sleep with the General's son for I don't know, maybe another watch?"

Tiger blinked, his jaw clenched and I realised.

"I take it you didn't know?" I moisturized my dry lips with a swipe of my tongue. "Looks like you've done an exceptional job with him, you must be real proud and square with yourself."

"I'll talk to him." He said, a bit snappy.

"And say what? Don't steal watches but get the gold so we can share it amongst those of us who are Keffa enough with Keffa spouses and Keffa kids? Release the girl to sleep with the next guy so she can get him to spill his dreams and fears for us to prey on? What Tiger! What are you going to say to him! What will you talk to him about?" I paused, breathing hard and all feeling came alive in the drop of my pounding heartbeat. "You two could be twins, it's always been that way and both of you are ruining the very soul this camp was built on."

"I turned the camp into this!" his voice was loud with defence. His hands were trembling with the venom of anger in his pressing veins as he gestured to the large space occupied with little classrooms that could. Two training arenas, a field arena that doubled as eating space and the parking lot. "I and the other guys gave up everything for this! We do everything including all the dirty work you don't want to be associated with for the hope of a better future!"

"I get it now, I'm sorry I didn't before. Lesson number three is liberation for multis at all cost, right? Even if it comes against those that ally with us? Right!" I raised my eyebrows at him.

He sighed but didn't reply.

"I remember Elaine helping you and Dylan build some of those classes. There are many other full bloods dating or married to people like us, but Elaine? She's married to your best friend and still it counts for nothing?"