CHAPTER 27: Gunpowder's Sleazy Joint.

Chapter 27: Gunpowder's Sleazy Joint.

Zhavia Yorush Age 18 going 19|

Gunpowder was the only red headed gaffa who was a millionaire in our region. The guy as I'd often hear my father complain was only twenty-one yet he owned a string of topless joints our side of town. All which operated legally in a throe of full blood owned and run property. That alone was one of the primary reasons why my brother tolerated dealing with the guy.

I personally didn't like working with him even though I had once or twice tried to sustain a romantic relationship with him. But the guy had serious rage issues that rivalled Crocky's. The first time I'd met him was the year we'd both been enrolled in formal school. He graced those grounds once before getting expelled on that very day, for beating up a full blooded kid who'd called him a Keffa. After the incident he was recruited and joined Tiger's camp, later on when I would join we became friends. Then I dated him. Back at a time when I believed everyone was wrong about him.

The first time I'd been smuggled into 'Trafalgar' one of the Gunpowder's sleazy joints, I was fourteen and everything inside the place horrified me. Crocodile had been similarly horrified too but he'd quickly taken to the place and Zandile hadn't never been moved by the decadence. The three of us had been dragged there by Tiger, Dylan and their other friends to observe how gaffas carried out open meetings.

Now that we were older, we were allowed to come and go as we pleased. Even though we didn't frequent the place enough.

"Hey boys, what'yu in the mood 'for?" a waitress dressed in close to nothing asked in a low seductive tone, the minute we entered inside the dome place.

"Gunpowder in?" Tiger asked, posture all serious business and straight to the point. Hard stone eyes surveying the joint for my ex-boyfriend.

I felt her eyes on me but I couldn't meet them, her exposed form made me nervous. "You want a dance sweetie?" she asked running a long fingernail down my shirt.

Second hand embarrassment filled me because I knew her, she was Crocky's mother. "Nah." I declined looking all ways but at her.

As per usual some girls were dancing topless on vibrating stages, some guys were gyrating their hips on glowing poles and trans dancers were swinging on neon cages. Plenty patrons all of them my blood were ogling at them. Bills flying out of their wallets straight to the dancers.

"Don't touch him, he's a minor." Tiger threatened casually.

Her hand had reached for my chin, prompting me to look at her. Except I came eye to eye with her pierced nipples. "He's Crocky's age and my Crocky is not a boy anymore, neither are you?" She moved closer to me; her nipples almost touched my lips "Boys don't come to places like this, especially to deal with Gunpowder, now do they?" She dropped my chin then walked away without waiting for an answer. "I know Zhav fucked Gunpowder."

We all knew she was right. I blinked, touching away the numbness on my chin and groaned relieved she was gone.

Tiger laughed "Fuck, she's high." He exclaimed. He didn't laugh often, the man although married and expecting, he always worried himself with the state of our people too much. Him and his wife carried the weight of mixed bloods on their shoulders. The pregnancy had been unexpected-and even though father had visited them and pleaded with the couple to consider the President's offer. An offer that included a stable job, with a regular good income but on the condition that he dropped his petition to have him removed from office. They still refused. "...You aight though?" he asked, patting me on my shoulder.

I grimaced, "Yea, let's get this over with."

It had been just the two of us that day and we were looking to talk Gunpowder into relaying a message for us to his contacts in the East and the Midlands, for our mission's security. Secrecy was of utmost importance this year more than the others.