Chapter 8:"Safe with you"

Michael wakes up with the sun beaming through the curtains.

He cuddles Lisa close to him, peppering her with kisses:"Baby wake up"

Lisa groans and moves in her sleep...

Michael chuckles: "C'mon love"
and smirks deviously and starts tickling Lisa.

Lisa bursts out laughing, with her  eyes closed and pokes him in the ribs: "Stoooop it Michaeelll!!"

Michael laughs:"Okay, okay are we gonna make breakfast?"

Lisa looks at him for a couple of seconds and kisses him, whispering to him: "I think I want to stay in bed for a little longer"

Michael starts tickling her:"No baby it's already 11am"

Lisa moves away trying to push his hands off of her and laughs:"OKAY! Fine! But please stop!"

Michael jumps up, grinning:"Great I'll meet you downstairs" and walks out the door.

Lisa giggles and stands up putting Michael's robe on and goes downstairs..

As Michael gets to the kitchen, his phone rings but he ignores it, he comes up behind Lisa, wrapping his arms around her, kissing her cheek.

She smiles and turns her head to look at him and kisses him.

Michael's phone stops ringing and Michael stands next to Lisa: "So babe what are we gonna make, we got pancakes or waffles?"

Lisa thinks:"Pancakes honey, who will do it me or you?"

Lisa smiles and walks more into the kitchen, tying her robe around her more tightly.

Michael kisses her cheek:"We can do it together"

Michael's phone starts ringing again.

Michael let's out a frustrated groan:"Who keeps bugging me?!" and picks up:"Hello?!"

Lisa looks at him and turns to the fridge and gets everything for breakfast.

Joseph's voice booms through the phone:"Hi son, I've been trying to get hold of you"

Michael rolls his eyes: "What Joseph, what do you want now?"

Joseph spits:"Oh boy. I want my money."

Michael:"Are you in debt again?"

Joseph shouts at a woman to keep quiet:"If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be where you are today. Now give me money"

Michael sighs:"I'll think about it" and hangs up,rubbing his face and walks back into the kitchen.

Lisa is already making pancakes while turning one of them and looks at Michael seeing his face:"Michael..are you okay, who called you?"

Michael sighs walking over to Lisa:"It's Joseph, he landed himself in yet another financial predicament. Now he is pressuring me into giving him money"

She puts everything down and turns off the gas, walking up to him and wraps her arms around his neck looking at him in the eyes:"He can't ask his other sons or daughters? He really needs to take money from you? He has no honor to ask you for money Michael. He doesn't deserve you Michael...you are the best man I ever met..he shouldn't use you for his benefits"

Michael smiles, kissing her:" Thank you babe... Did you start without me?"looking at the already made pancakes.

Lisa sighs:"Yeah.."she takes her hands off his neck and turns the gas on again.

Michael walks over to the stove:"Sorry I'm short with you. I just hate talking about my father"

She looks at him and kisses him:"I understand that, Michael..he is a creep"