Chapter 38:"Scan"

Lisa and Michael are in the doctor's office, ready to see their little ones in 4D

Michael holds Lisa's hand, eagerly waiting to see his babies

The lady moves the transducer around Lisa's stomach

Michael gasps as tears form in his eyes, seeing his son sucking his thumb and he beams with joy

Michael's eyes shift to his little princess and he grins:"Lisa, she looks just like you, she's beautiful"

Lisa giggles, kissing him on the cheek, she looks back at the screen with tears falling down her face, happy to see them healthy:"He has your eyes"

Michael smiles while his eyes are glued to the screen

Lisa can't wait to see the babies and looks at Michael:"Should we ask when they are due?" she says whispering to him.

Michael smiles and whispers back:"Of course"

She looks at the doctor, who's busy cleaning her belly. She sits up slowly as the nurse hands them a USG and video of the twins:"So when is the birth?"

Their doctor smiles at them both: "Well your babies are very healthy so I would guess probably before Christmas, Mrs. Jackson"

Lisa stands up from the bed with Michael's help and she smiles widely:"Thank you"
She looks down at the USG picture and can't stop smiling. Her and Michael leave the hospital.

Michael and Lisa arrive back home, Michael clears his throat:"We should probably go back to California soon" as he hugs Lisa from behind.

She rests her head on his shoulder and looks at him with a smile:"Yes, I miss our house and to be honest, I prefer to be home than here, even if this place is so beautiful, I still feel weird being here, also you have your career and I know how much you love it. We can move back after I give birth or even before Christmas... what do you think?" She says making tea for the both of them

Michael nods:"Yes, before Christmas could work "

A couple of hours later, the doorbell rings.

Michael expects his mother and family to be here but he opens the door seeing Monica, welcoming herself inside:"Michael don't look so sad to see me" and she laughs

Michael rolls his eyes:"Yeah, sure come in on...." he says sarcastically

Monica ignores Michael, rushing to Lisa:"Wow girl, the babies have gotten so big, you're glowing."
She looks around, seeing their place:"You should definitely give me a tour"

Lisa smiles and looks at Michael entering the kitchen: "Okay Monica, let me show you around and I can also show you, your room"

Monica smiles excitedly:"Can't wait" she stares outside, seeing the beach

Lisa gives Monica a tour around their house, she gives her a quick tour of upstairs, showing Monica her room:"And here is your bedroom"

Monica enters the room:"Oh my- girl, this house is huge and stunning, why didn't I come over sooner" she looks around shocked

Lisa giggles, holding her stomach:"Well, we will soon be going back to California, so we'll maybe come back here for vacation once the kids are here"

Monica laughs as she gets settled in:"That would be fun, obviously I'm coming with as the godmother of the kids" and winks at Lisa

Lisa chuckles, shaking her head

--

It's dinner time and the doorbell rings and Michael gets the door with a smile:"Hello mother"

Katherine grins widely at Michael and hugs him:"Hello dear, I'm so glad you and Lisa are safe now, how are you? "

Michael hugs his mother back:"I'm glad too, mother. Lisa and I are fine"

Katherine hugs Lisa:"Wow, Lisa, you're glowing, how beautiful"

Lisa smiles:"Thank you, Katherine"

Michael's brothers and sisters follow after Katherine,greeing everyone.
As Lisa introduces Michael's family to Monica, Elvis walks down the stairs...

The Jacksons freeze and look at each other, in shock.
Monica turns around and whispers to herself:"Holy shi-"

A few minutes of silence pass and Elvis clears his throat:"Good evening everyone"

The first to speak is Tito:"Elvis?"

Elvis laughs and looks at everyone who is in a state of shock:"I know, I'm supposed to be dead"

Tito frowns:"Yeah? How- When-"

Michael laughs:"That was our reaction too"

Elvis looks at Michael, smiling and looks back at his family:"Let's all sit and I'll explain"

They all sit down as Elvis begins explaining the situation and a few of Michael's family ask a few questions here and there

Lisa looks at her dad and at times at Michael while holding his hand under the table.

Elvis looks at them all: "So yes, that was that but I'm very happy to be here with my daughter and to have an amazing son-in-law."

Elvis looks at Michael and Lisa:"I'm really happy that you make my daughter so happy and you are going to have such beautiful kids and I'm so blessed that I'm going to be a grandfather. I just want to tell you that even though some things won't go the way you want them to,
you need to listen to each other and never turn on each other."
He looks at Lisa and at Michael with a smile, while Lisa smiles at Michael massaging his hand.

Michael looks at Elvis and smiles: "Thank you and we will definitely listen to your words" he looks at Lisa and they kiss:"I love you so much" he smiles:"I love you more. "

Janet rolls eyes and Monica says:"Well shit, Elvis was literally in the house and I had no clue" and everyone laughs

Katherine looks at Monica:"You think I had a clue that my son married Elvis' daughter?"

Janet looks at Monica:"That's actually true, she didn't know but I knew Michael would marry her"

Michael rolls his eyes at what she said and Monica laughs:"I already love you Janet!"

Jermaine looks at Janet:"What do you mean Janet?"

Janet smiles: "Well, from the first time they came to our house for dinner, I knew, they were so into each other and I saw they way Michael looked at her, it was obvious Jermaine. I had a feeling... "

Lisa looks at Michael lovingly while Monica looks at Lisa with a smile feeling happy that she is happy with Michael.

--

They all finish up dinner and everyone moves to the lounge, chatting throughout the night....