Chapter 39:"Finally home"

A week later Lisa and Michael are sleeping in their bedroom while Elvis is busy packing his things.

Monica rushes to their bedroom and knocks on their door:"Guys! Wake up! It's so late! Today is the day when you go back home!"

Lisa shifts in her sleep and says with a groggy voice:"Ugh, that is annoying"

Monica continues knocking on their door:"Get up you two!"

Michael yawns, feeling sleepy:"Gosh, it's been so lovely having your friend over" he says rolling his eyes

Lisa laughs, giving him a kiss and looks at him: "Good morning my husband.."

Monica yells through the door:"You have 5 minutes to get up!"

Lisa rolls her eyes, sighing:"Alright, now just go!"

Michael laughs:"Good morning beautiful, how's the little ones doing this morning?"

Lisa sighs, giggling:"They are annoyed because a mad woman, who keeps screaming, woke them up and they are also hungry"

Michael sits up and rubs his face:"Of course, let me get us breakfast and we'll start packing before Monica breaks the door down"

She smiles, nodding her head: "Sure, babe just don't get into an arguement with her, please."

Michael looks back at her:"I'm not making any promises" he says, laughing.

He walks out the room, getting breakfast

Lisa laughs shaking her head and stands up slowly from the bed because of how big her stomach has gotten and walks to the bathroom.

Lisa is busy washing her face as Monica quietly walks in: "Hey! What's up?"

Lisa jumps, getting a face towel to wipe her face:"Holy f- Monica! You scared the shit out of me."
Lisa grabs her chest, in attempt to calm down as Monica just looks at her.

Lisa looks at Monica staring:"What?"

Monica smiles at her: "Did I say something?"

Lisa walks out the bathroom:"No, but it's weird, why are you looking at me like that... What do you want?"

Monica looks to side and back at Lisa: "Nothing, I'm just amazed at how happy you and Michael are together"

Lisa rolls her eyes: "No, seriously what do you want Monica?"

Monica laughs: "Nothing!"

Lisa looks at her, squinting her eyes: "I don't believe you."

Michael comes back and hands Lisa her breakfast:"Here you go love"

Lisa smiles, giving him a peck on the lips:"Thank you"

Monica looks at them smiling and Lisa looks at her confused, before she can say something, Monica heads to the door:"I will go now! Tell me if you guys need help in packing later."

She walks out of the room as Lisa looks at Michael: "She is scaring me, she looks like she wants something from me but won't say it" Lisa shrugs and sits on the bed, eating her breakfast.

Michael smiles, shaking his head:"That's Monica for you"

After breakfast, Michael takes out the suitcases and starts packing, he feels
elated to be finally going back home

Meanwhile Lisa feels a little bit off about going back to Los Angeles, because of the experiences they had but she's also happy that they can finally live in peace after all that's happened.

Monica suddenly walks in:"Hey, do guys you need anything? Like help with packing?"

Lisa looks at Monica:" Girl, since when are you so nice and helpful?"

Monica gets red in the face:"You know I can be nice, when I want to be nice."

Lisa rolls her eyes, giggling:"Of course. We've know each other for years, but usually you're only this nice when you want something. What is it?"

Monica looks at Michael who's packing their things and then at Lisa who's arm are crossed and giving a look

Monica's cheeks go red:"Uhmm.. well, because I wanted to ask you something

Lisa looks at her:"Do you want to talk here or-"

Monica interupts her:" I want to be the Godmother to your twins.."

Lisa looks at her shocked because she didn't expect her to be serious about that:"I thought you were joking last week"

Michael looks up from packing:"What- you know that's a big responsibility to put on yourself"

Monica rolls her eyes:" I know.."

Lisa looks at Michael and then at Monica:"Well..I mean.." she doesn't know what to say

Michael looks at Monica:"I guess if you really want to be, you can"

Monica looks at him:" You sure?"

Lisa looks at Michael, surprised and smiles at Monica:" Yeah, if you think that's what you want. I'm happy about it."

Monica's smile brightens and she hugs both of them at the same time and thanks them: "I love you both! I was so scared you would say no or something. Thank you!! I will be the best Godmother in this whole damn universe!" Lisa laughs as Michael rolls his eyes playfully at her

A couple hours later they are all packed, with Monica's help of course, and are ready to board the plane.

Michael and Lisa are walking to the jet while Monica is busy buckling herself in: "Can y'all hurry? I want to be in my own bed already." Lisa giggles and they sit down.

They officially land in Los Angeles after a long light and are busy driving back home. Michael kisses Lisa as they hold hands:"It feels surreal to be back home"

Lisa smiles at him as they walk up to the house, she feels like she hasn't been here for years: "Gosh, it feels a little odd, after all the things that's happened"

Michael smiles:"Yes it does, but now we can make a new beginning for us"

She hugs him and kisses him slowly:
"Together?"

Michael unlocks the door as he holds her hand tightly, looking deeply into her eyes:"Together"