Chapter 34:"Risking it all"

Rex runs into the room:"Sir, Joe is here and he shot some of our men, we need to act fast"

Michael attempts to walk with him but Elvis stops him:"No, I'll go with
him, you stay here with Lisa"

Lisa looks at Michael with pleading eyes, not wanting him to go: "Michael don't go, please. It's not safe out there" she says crying

Michael sits down, holding Lisa and rubs her stomach:"Relax, it's gonna be okay"

Rex walks outside, all he sees is shooting and men yelling at each other.
Joe is hiding low in his car with an evil smile on his face. The next second he throws a grenade out the car, a few seconds go by and there's a loud explosion and Rex sees his men on the floor:"Okay, now I'm pissed"

Elvis tries to shoot his tyres but it's hard considering Joe's position:"Son of a bitch".

Just when Elvis gets down and perfectly aims for his tires, he gets shot in the arm:"Holy f-"

Rex runs up to Elvis and looks at his bleeding arm:"We have to get you to medical, come on"

Rex runs with Elvis back to the house  as his team covers for them and Michael sees Elvis shot:"Crap, your bleeding so much, let's get you some help"

Elvis sits on the couch and Lisa is stressed out, she looks for her phone to call the ambulance but can't find it.

Michael reassures her everything will be alright:"I'll do it, you go sit down"

Lisa tries to find something to stop the bleeding, as Michael calls for the ambulance

Rex runs back outside as Joe is busy shooting at the their house and shouts:"I will get to them, one way or another. Even if I just shoot one, the other will suffer enough" and laughs:"Look at you, you have a team and they can't even keep up with me"

Rex isn't phased by what Joe says and rolls his eyes. He aims his gun straight at Joe:"You talk too much, you've always been a big mouth"
the bullet goes straight through Joe's chest as Rex keeps firing his gun and another bullet hits his stomach.

Joe groans in pain and reverses out of his hiding place in anger and shoots with everything he has. He shoots Rex in his shoulders and he falls down, in pain.

Joe speeds away, Rex's team try to shoot at him, but it's too late. Joe drives as fast as he can to a nearby hospital but he keeps fading in and out of consciousness

Meanwhile Rex's team helps Rex back up:"Boss are you okay? We need to get you to the hospital"

Rex looks at them like they are crazy:"What? No way. I'm going after him"

His team attempts to stop him:"Boss that's crazy,"

Rex gets in the car and drives:"I'm gonna put an end to this. Just protect the house in case"

Rex drives slowly, seeing the damage Joe has done while he was rushing and it helps him be on the right track.

Joe starts to black out and almost loses control of the car, he nearly swerves into another car. He looks down at himself, seeing blood everywhere and things start to become a blurry.

He stops the car and drags himself out, attempting to walk to the hospital, he trips and his knees gives in. He tries to crawl but everything around him goes dark.

Rex finally sees Joe's car and speeds up. He stops and gets out, seeing Joe passed out and checks for his pulse:
Dead.

One of the doctors sees Rex and Joe by a car and runs up to them:"Oh my- Are you okay? I will call for help"
The doctor comes back with the emergency team and Rex gets carried to the emergency room as they also take Joe away.

Back at the house, the ambulance arrives and takes Elvis to the hospital and Lisa cries in Michael's chest:"I need to go with him.."

Michael looks at Lisa:"Alright, I'm coming with you"

Just as they head to the car, one of the security men alert Michael that two men are in hospital, one confirmed dead and one in surgery

Michael's face goes pale:"Okay... let's go"

They get into the car and drive to the hospital as Lisa rushes after her father but is not allowed in.

Rex's security team is at reception and Michael heads to them:"Any news on who was killed?"

They look at each other and then at Michael:"Rex is currently in surgery... he has been shot in both shoulders.... Joe didn't make it"

Lisa is sitting in the chair, crying and  freaked out, feeling scared for her father.

A couple of hours later, Rex is sent back into the ward and they are finally allowed to see him.

Rex looks at Michael:"Mr Jackson, I'm sorry I shot your father and he didn't make it, but -"

Michael looks at Rex:"Rex, you don't need to be sorry, that bastard put our lives in danger. You did what you had to do. Thank you."

Rex smiles:"Just doing my job, Mr Jackson. Protecting you and your family"

Michael looks down:"So, where did you get him"

Rex shifts, looking at the window:"In his stomach and chest. I doubt he would have survived"

Michael shakes his head, feeling angry and relieved

Lisa looks at Rex, and says in a soft voice:" Thank you, Rex, for saving our family. You are gonna need to rest so we will find someone in your place, while you are recovering "
Lisa smiles at him with sad eyes because she has her father on her mind.

Rex smiles:"Thank you, Mrs Jackson"

The nurse behind them, clears her throat:" Mr and Mr Jackson, Mr Presley's surgery was successful"

She turns around and looks at her as she squeezes Michael's hand and smiles at her:"Thank you very much for informing us.." Lisa looks back at Rex and smiles at him: "I wish you a  speedy recovery Rex and again, thank you.."

Rex smiles at both of them and lies down as the nurse walks over, giving pain medication

They walk up to where Elvis is and Michael looks up at him:"Thank you Elvis for risking your life for us"

He smiles, half awake: "I'm your father- in- law, did you think I would just let you die? Besides I'm old and you both are too young.."

Lisa sits besides him and holds his hand tightly: "Don't even say that, you are going to be alright.."

Elvis smiles and squeezes her hand gently, while Lisa cries tears of joy  seeing her dad alive:"Oh, Yisa, don't cry. It's just a flesh wound"

Lisa starts to giggle:"I know..I'm just happy to see you are okay.."