Chapter 35:"Turned to black"

The next day, Michael is busy in the kitchen, making Lisa breakfast. He cannot stop smiling, thinking about how his litte family is finally safe. His wife and little ones are free from danger or more importantly Joseph .

He plates everything on a tray with roses and thinks about calling his mother later to discuss the situation with her.

Michael walks up to their bedroom and sees Lisa sleeping like an angel, he slowly walks up to the bed and nudges her gently:"Good morning, my princess, I made you breakfast"

Lisa shifts in her sleep, looking like she hasn't slept too good, since she is  worried about her father.

She sits up slowly with a sleepy face and smiles at him: "Good morning, my husband." she says with a soft voice and sees the breakfast that he is holding: "What did I do to get breakfast in bed?" she smirks gently at him, feeling very delighted with his surprise.

Michael looks at her:"You are my wife, you should actually get breakfast in bed all the time" Michael kisses her head:"And we are finally free from Joe and we can fully relax" he says grinning.

She looks at him and her smile fades a little: "Are you sure? We haven't spoken about a funeral and also about what happened, Michael.
You know, we can talk if you can't handle it. Even if everything is alright now, I couldn't sleep last night and I wonder if you even did."

If it wasnt for her father being in hospital, she would be more happier and because Michael's father is dead it makes her feel like if she didn't show up in Michael's life, nothing would have happened.

Michael takes her hand rubbing it as she eats:"Lisa, like I've said to Rex, yes he was my father, but he started going even more crazy, it just got progressively worse over the years. And it's not your fault. You were just the prefect target to get to me. I'm really happy you are safe and our little ones who are coming into the world soon" He says stroking her stomach:"And I don't think we will have a burial"

Lisa nods: "If that's what you want." She tucks into her breakfast and looks at Michael and kisses him gently, smiling at him:"Thank you for the breakfast, I love it."

Michael kisses her cheek:"You're welcome, love and after you have eaten, we can go visit your father" Michael's gets up and opens the window taking in the fresh ocean breeze, feeling content

Lisa gets up slowly as it's become more difficult to get up because of her pregnancy. She goes to freshen up for the day, being in a great mood

Michael washes her dishes and walks back into the room but stops when he sees Lisa:"Wow, you look beautiful baby"

She gets shy, feeling the opposite and just smiles at him:"When will you stop lying to me?" She says and giggles

Michael walks close up to her:"If we didn't have to visit your father, I would have you on that bed right now" and kisses her passionately

She looks at him not kissing him back, suprised by his words but eventually melts into the kiss.
She slows down, pulling back: "Okayyy, let's go. Let's not get carried away.." she says biting her lip. Michael chuckles and takes her hand

--

They walk up to reception in the hospital and is greeted by a friendly nurse:"Hello Mr and Mrs Jackson, I never got to introduce myself yesterday, I'm nurse Smith, but you can call me Janice" and she quickly eyes Lisa up and down and they start walk to where Elvis is :"He is doing much better than yesterday"

As they walk, Lisa feels embarrassed after seeing how the nurse looked her body. Lisa automatically crosses her arms and sighs. The nurse is much skinner than her and that makes her feel a little uncomfortable

They enter the room, seeing Elvis in the bed, smiling: "Hello my favorite couple!"
Lisa smiles a little, biting the inside of her cheek, tasting blood.

Janice checks Elvis' vitals and walks past Michael but trips, grabbing Michael's arm:"Oh I'm so sorry Mr Jackson, I'm so clumsy"

Michael laughs:"Oh no, it's fine"
Janice laughs, regaining her balance and continues assessing Elvis, just speaking to Michael

Lisa starts to get irritated by Janice but tries to control herself and just talks with her father:"So, how are you feeling?" She finds it difficult to even speak.

Elvis smiles at her:"I'm feeling so much better Yisa, hopefully I can get out of here by tomorrow"

Michael laughs:" Easy there, Elvis"

Janice stares at Michael and looks back at Elvis:"I'll be back in just a second Mr Presley"

Janice peaks her head back in the ward:"Oh, Mr Jackson I need you to sign some files regarding your father's death"

Michael looks back at her:"Yeah, no problem" and kisses Lisa's cheek :"I'll be back now, love"

Lisa clenches her jaw from irritation and looks at Michael, composing herself and says acting calm:"Yeah honey, no problem."

Michael follows Janice to the office and Janice pulls up the death certificate and other documents out:"So, I'm really sorry about your father Mr Jackson"

Michael looks at her:"Oh no, it's alright, I'm glad my wife and babies are safe now. That was my biggest concern"

Meanwhile Lisa hugs her father:"How has it been staying here daddy?"

Elvis lies down:"It's been alright, just kind of tired because of the lack of sleep"

Lisa smiles:"Get some sleep dad, Michael and I will get you something to eat."

Elvis smiles:"Okay dear"

Lisa walks out, wanting to speak to Michael about lunch with Elvis and walks to the office.

Janice looks up at Michael, moving closer to him:"Oh, but it must be hard since he was your dad" she puts her hand on his arm

Michael looks at her:"Don't worry about i-"

Janice cuts him off, smashing her lips on him, putting her hand on the back of his head

Lisa walks into the office:"Mik-"
Her blood goes cold as she can't believe what she is seeing. Her husband kissing another woman
Lisa doesn't say anything, standing there frozen, her face etched with hurt.

Michaels eyes widen when he sees Lisa:"Babe, wait-!"

Lisa turns around, walking as fast as she can to the exit, all kinds of emotions are going through her right now. She starts tearing up....