Chapter 42:"Behind The Mask"

Lisa twitches in the hospital chair and opens her eyes, she lifts her head from the bed, seeing Michael look at her, with a worried face:
"Lisa, I told you to go home, this is not a great place to sleep, especially in a chair"

She moves in the chair, trying to yet comfortable:"I know, but I would prefer to sleep in this chair beside you than be at home without you. I want to know what is happening with you"

Michael smiles:"It's really sweet baby, but it's not good for you and the babies. I think you should go home and get some rest"

Lisa sighs, not feeling happy about his decision:"Do you need anything? I will bring it when I come back to the hospital later."

Michael thinks to himself:"Hmm. No I'm fine, you go and rest"

She nods and kisses him: "I will be back later"

Michael rubs her belly:"Bye love, see you soon"

She smiles softly at him and leaves, closing the door

Lisa exits the hospital, seeing screaming fans and the paparazzi. Rex escorts her to the car, when someone shouts: "Lisa how's your husband?!" She looks at the person, giving a thumps up and gets into car and they take her home.

--Time--

Michael lies in bed, feeling tired as the doctor walks in:"Hello Mr Jackson, how are you feeling today?"

Michael sighs:"I'm okay, but still feeling weak"

The doctor nods:"We'll keep you here for tonight just for observation"

Michael closes his eyes, noding:"Alright"

The doctor looks for his file but can't find it:"It must be here somewhere, I'll be back in just a moment"

The doctor leaves as a male nurse walks in with a vital machine and Michael's file.

Michael sees the nurse wearing a surgical mask and closes his eyes, resting.

He feels something pressed against his head, assuming it's a temperature reader:"You thought you could get rid of me"

Michael looks up and his eyes go wide:"What-I thought- how is this possible?"

Danny laughs:"You really must be fucking stupid if you think I would just sit in jail while you have my Lisa"

Michael feels his anger rising:"How the hell did you break free?"

Danny presses the gun harder on his head:"Well, sweet Priscilla, of course, you honestly think you wouldn't face the consequences of killing Joe? Once her plan failed to kill you, she sent me to finish the job, once and for all"

The doctor walks back in:"I can't seem to find the file-"

Danny quickly removed the gun:"It's here, doc"

The doctor smiles:"Thank you, so Michael I will prescribe some pain medication and you'll be going on a new diet for a while"

Michael smiles nervously, trying to alert the doctor but he seems oblivious:"Okay"

The doctor writes down on his paper and leaves.

Danny presses the gun to his head again:"Any last words"

Michael tries to move the gun from his head:"Go to hell"

Danny laughs:"Where is your precious Lisa by the way?"

Michael glares at him:"Leave her out of this"

Danny rolls his eyes as one of the nurses walks by, calling him:"Shit, this isn't over"

--

Michael reaches for his phone attempting to call Rex:"Rex pick up. Pick up. UGH, they must be here already"

He phones Lisa next:"Babe, please, pick up"

He tries phoning Rex again:"Rex, take Lisa home-now-"

Rex frowns as they get food for Michael:"Why?-"

The phone goes dead as Rex tells Lisa what Michael said:"I need to take you home"

Lisa frowns in confusion: "I'm not going home, Rex. Tell me what is going on"

Rex frowns:"I don't really know, he just snapped and said I need to take you home"

Lisa sighs frustrated "I knew I should of stayed here. We are going to see him  now."

Rex sighs:"I don't think it's a good idea-Boss said to take you-"

Lisa gets frustrated:"I don't care what he said, what if he is dying?!!"

Rex tries to stop her but Lisa is already walking to Michael's ward:"This girl don't listen"

Lisa speed walks to his room and opens the door, seeing a male nurse holding a gun to Michael's head. "What the-"

The nurse takes off the surgerical mask and smiles at her:"Hello, Lisa.."

Lisa gasps: "What are you doing here Danny. How the hell did you get here?! "

And Danny smirks