Chapter 43:"Pull the trigger"

..Danny smirks:"I came to see you baby girl"

Rex backs away from Lisa, hiding by the wall, looking for his gun.

The nurses around them
start to freak out, Rex gestures for them to calm down but they are all too panicked.

One of the nurses try to phone the police but Danny shouts:"Phone the police and she's dead" aiming the gun at Lisa, he looks down at her stomach, smiling at her evily.

Lisa rubs her hand on her stomach protectively:"Danny, please..put the gun down."
She gulps, feeling her throat dry up: "We can talk... with no problems... just put the gun down, please." She looks at him, trying to seem calm.

Danny looks visibly angry:"You could have been mine. You are mine. I was so close to having you if it wasn't for him" He says pointing the gun at Michael

Lisa looks at Michael, with fear in her eyes and looks down and then looks back at Danny:" We can talk, if you  put the gun down. Please. Do it for me."

Danny points the gun back at Lisa, looking into her eyes, and eventually lowers the gun:"Fine, let's talk"

Lisa looks in Danny's eyes trying to calm down:"I can help you start your life over again Danny.."

Danny tilts his head to the side being  skeptical, while Michael quietly gets up from the hospital bed.
He jumps on to Danny, punching him through the face.

Danny grunts:"You bitch, you tricked me." as blood gushes down his face.

Danny tries punching Michael
back, dropping the gun.

They start wrestling and punching each other as one of them kick the gun, making it slide right in front of Lisa.

Danny grabs hold of Michael, and has him in a chockhold position, strangling him.

Michael starts coughing, gasping for air as Lisa picks up the gun and aims it at Danny:"Danny let go of Michael right now!"
She hesitates about what to do next as she gently presses her finger on the trigger...

Michael sees Lisa holding the gun, looking scared:"Baby, don't do it, he is not worth it"

Danny squeezes Michael's neck harder:"Shut up! Don't talk"

Lisa hears Michael's words but is too pissed at Danny, just as she's about to shoot, she sees Danny taking another gun out his pants and she gasps, freezing.

Rex pops up from behind Lisa, shoving her gently, getting in front of her, shooting Danny in the chest.

Danny let's go of Michael as he drops to the floor, dead.

Michael rubs his throat and walks up to Lisa:"Love"

Lisa is in shock as she holds the gun with a trembling hand. She sees Danny, on the hospital floor, dead.

Michael holds Lisa tightly, hugging her:"It's okay" he strokes her hair as blood pours from his face

She looks up at Michael, holding the gun in one hand as Rex comes to her: "Mrs. Jackson.." she looks at Rex and gives him the gun, shaking. She walks back to Michael and hugs him tightly.

Michael looks at Rex as he holds Lisa:"Thank you Rex, we owe you our lives"

Rex shrugs:"I was getting tired of his bullshit. I just want you guys to be at peace. For good."

Michael smiles as doctors walk in, tending to Michael's face and a nurse checks Lisa and the twins.

Lisa starts thinking about everything, she can't believe that things needed to go that far. She believed for a second that she could talk with Danny and try to fix everything because after all, he was her closest friend.

The medical staff take Danny's body away as Michael watches. It leaves a bitter after taste in his mouth because of all the harm Danny caused his wife.

The nurse walks away from Lisa, who's looking at the floor, looking disconnected:"You can talk with your wife now, Mr. Jackson. "

Michael crouches down to her level:"Baby we are finally free." and smiles.

She looks at him and stays quiet for a while:"I know. It's just he was close to me though....Even after everything he did. I really believed for a split second, he and I could just fix things."
She puts her face in her hands: "It's my fault."

Michael looks at her sympathetically:"Baby it's not"

She massages her temples, trying to relax:"But I feel like it is. He was my friend, I would have even given him another chance, if he would change."

She looks at Michael in the eyes: "I'm happy we are safe though."
She kisses him soflty on the lips:
"I love you."

Michael looks at her:"People like that don't just change. He was gonna kill you or me, if Rex didn't step in. I love you so much, I would have done anything to protect to you and our children" he kisses her and rubs her stomach

She hugs him tightly, as the doctor walks in with Michael's file:"Wow, that was quite something....

Alright Mr. Jackson we are going to  discharge you, so you can go back home.." he hands him the papers with the new diet on it:"It's your diet for two weeks, if something happens, please call me immediately"

Michael grins, holding Lisa's hand:"Thank you, doctor"

--

Michael and Lisa leave the hospital, smiling, paparazzi are all over, swarming the place and fans scream their names.

Lisa holds Michael's hand tightly while they walk to the car with Rex and the other bodyguards escorting them....