Chapter 29:"When time stands still"

Lisa is standing at the door, looking into her father's eyes. She is speechless and doesn't know what to do or say. She feels like the whole world has frozen at the moment and time has stopped

Her father smiles back at her as he sees tears forming in her eyes and clears his throat and asks:"May I come in?"

Lisa doesn't move for a couple of seconds then she finally goes to him, hugging him tightly. She starts to cry hard.

Elvis wraps his arms around Lisa, taking in the moment after not seeing her all these years:"Hello Yisa, it's been so long" and kisses her head

She looks at him and kisses his cheek: "I've missed you so much dad... you don't know how much I've wished that you would be here beside me.."

Elvis holds Lisa tight as he holds tears back:"I've missed you too, let's go inside, shall we?"

Elvis and Lisa step inside as Michael comes walking up to them:"Babe who is it at the do-"
Michael's draw drops:"Oh my-
Mr P-presley?" he says in shock

Elvis puts out his hand:"Just call me Elvis, you must be Michael"

Michael hesitantly shakes his hand:"But how- when--what?"

Elvis laughs:"Let's all sit down and I'll explain everything"

Lisa looks at Michael still in shock and everybody goes to the lounge and sits down

There is a couple of seconds of silence and Elvis clears his throat, he looks at their faces seeing the shock and hearing a few gasps from outside the lounge:"Well you probably wanna know how I'm here or what I'm doing here"

Michael laughs:"Yeah" as Lisa stays silent, tearing up and michael wraps his arm around her

Elvis looks at them and  begins to explain:"Before me and Priscilla divorced, everything seemed good to people from the outside but she tried to control my every move and I could see her lose grip on reality, she would do things to make me question her sanity, those details I don't want to get into. Anyway, if I didn't do what she would want and she would lose it.

After years of being together and going through this, I spoke to people about it but they wouldn't believe me so I divorced her. After the divorce she would send me threats and tell me how much she hated me and the fact that we divorced. She eventually started to put my life at risk and it was just getting worse.

I decided one day to fake my death and escape for my safety. She would act fine with Lisa as I saw through the years."

Lisa down, feeling sad, thinking about her and her mother's relationship now. She looks at her dad: "So... she tried to kill you?" She holds Michael's hand tightly

Elvis sighs:"Yes, I wanted to take you with me but I thought it would do too much damage to you as a child since you needed your mom."

Michael rubs his head:"But what made you decide to come here after all these years?"

Elvis looks at Michael:"I saw Yisa had married you. And I knew Priscilla was gonna freak out .... My little girl had found someone now and Priscilla was gonna hate that.

I can now confirm my suspicion that Priscilla had been losing it with Lisa over the few years because of what I saw on the news and how far she would actually go to get her way. That unbelievable woman.
I'm not gonna let anyone hurt my darlin or my son in law"

Lisa smiles gently looking at Michael and looks at her dad: "Well..mom  always wanted me to do everything she said, like on her command and if I didn't she would go crazy... And that's just a bit of the story. When I was starting to date Mike, she was going crazy because she knew she was losing a person to control.

To be honest if that didn't happen, I wouldn't have met the love of my life she looks at Michael in the eyes and then again at Elvis: And also I wouldn't get the chance to back the person who I have loved for all these years.

And dad, a little surprise, is me and Michael are expecting which makes me feel like I'm in heaven" she giggles and Michael holds her thigh gently and kisses her hand

Elvis' eyes light up as he thinks about being a grandfather:"Oh my goodness. That's fantastic news!" and starts tearing up

Michael laughs:"It's twins by the way"

Elvis stands up, excitedly and hugs the both of them:"I'm so happy for you guys and that I'm gonna be a grandfather"

He gets down on Lisa's level:"And my Yisa I'm so sorry for the years I've been gone. I would have been dead ages ago if I wasn't on the run away from Priscilla. I'm really sorry for leaving you"

Lisa looks at him: "You are my daddy and you always will be. I understand why you did it.
Now don't cry.."she hugs him tightly, trying not to cry with him: "I love you so much and I'm glad you're here and alive"

Elvis holds Lisa:"I love you too.... more than you'll ever know"

After a while they both calm down as Michael keeps stroking Lisa's back

Elvis looks at Michael and shakes his head:"So Michael, I heard your dad is Priscillas new lover and was part of the crazy plan"

Michael bites his cheek, feeling the sour after taste of the incident :"Yes. All part of their sick, twisted plan and all that just for money."

Elvis looks at them both:"People would do anything for money and Cilla would do anything to keep you two apart, no matter what it cost. She's evil"

Michael sighs:"And Joe has broken out of prison so security is extremely  tight and on high alert... I'm so surprised though, I don't even know how you got here"

Elvis laughs:"I have my ways" and then pulls a serious face:"Michael if he comes anywhere near this place, he will regret it"

Michael smiles:"I don't doubt it"
He clears his throat "Oh and stay as long as you like"

Elvis grins :"Thank you son"

Lisa looks at Michael and smiles at him, she stands up slowly and takes Michael's hand:"Come on, let's get the room ready for him"

Michael grins as he gets up:"Sure"

They walk to the guest bedroom while Elvis chats to the bodyguards

Lisa goes to the bed and takes everything off. She looks at Michael: "Well..I think you like him, right?"

Michael smiles:"Of course baby, I hope he likes me" and smiles nervously

She smiles at him while they make the bed together:"Believe me, he does..he knows I'm happy so he won't be like my mom.."

Michael chuckles:"I'm glad"
They finish the bed and Michael walks up to Lisa, holding her close:"How do you feel"

She puts her arms around his neck and kisses him hard: "Good..besides the fact Joseph is my stalker.. quite good" she tilts her head to the side: "and you?"

Michael smiles down at her, inching his face close to her:"I'm great, still a little in shock" as they about to kiss again, Elvis walks in:"Ooh- I just came to check on you guys" and hides his smile

Lisa clears her throat and looks at Michael, kissing his cheek, she turns to her father and smiles widely:
"Everything is ready father.."

Elvis smiles:"Thank you my Yisa and Michael "