Chapter 10:"Affliction"

Janet screams in fear as Michael drops to the ground, Lisa gets confused and runs to where she heard a gunshot and sees Michael bleeding out and screams his name.  Janet runs to the paramedics and the police take the gun from Danny and handcuff him.

**hours later**

Michael wakes up, looking straight into a bright light, confused and looks around and sees Lisa.

Lisa is sitting beside his bed, holding his hand tightly, her  head is down from being tired and stressed out.

Janet comes back to the room and sees Michael is awake: "Oh Michael your awake!"

Lisa looks at Michael with concern and holds him with her other hand as well:"Michael you are in the hospital..you got shot"

Michael tries to sit up but lies back down when pain shoots through his leg.

Janet chuckles:"Take it easy Applehead, you just got shot in the leg, the doctor says you can go home in a couple of hours"

Lisa rubs his head gently and kisses his cheek, massaging his hand.

Michael giggles:"Okay Dunk, where's Danny?"

Janet smiles:"Don't worry, he is in custody right now"

Michael sighs in relief:"He won't be able to hurt my baby anymore"

Lisa sighs queitly and kisses him on his cheek and hugs his arm:"He can't hurt you now."

Michael chuckles:"I'm more concerned about you then anything else"
Janet agrees: "Yeah he could of seriously injured you"

Lisa:"To be honest, I don't care about my safety..if he would killed you Michael, I would hurt the most. Nothing else would matter then."

Michael smiles at Lisa and squeezes her hand.

Janet giggles:"So Lisa, was he just gonna keep you in that room or did he say anything?"

Lisa looks at Michael, then at Janet:"Probably" says lying and straightens up in the chair:"It doesn't matter right now"

Janet smirks:"Okay well, I'm gonna go get Mike a drink and something to eat, do you want anything?"

Lisa answers:"Not really, thanks"
**she thinks about her mother and what happened in the last hours**

Janet nods, and walks out the room when the doctor walking in:"Hi Mr Jackson, I'm doctor Smith, I treated your gun wound, how are you feeling?"

Michael greets the doctor:
"I'm in pain, but nothing unbearable"

Doctor Smith smiles:"That's normal"and assesses Michael's leg:"Well everything looks good, I'll give you an hour then you can leave"

Lisa looks at the doctor and then at Michael and plays with his hand a little, she stands up slowly:"Michael I have to go home but I will come to your house later....I love you" and kisses his forehead.

Michael pouts:"Okay love, see you later, I love you more"
Janet walks in with Michael's food:"You must be starving" handing it to him.
Janet sees Lisa is about to leave:"Where you going boo?"

Lisa looks at her: "Home, to take a shower and get sleep probably.
Phone me when you take Michael home"
Janet smiles:"Okay"
Lisa walks past Janet and leaves the hospital, ordering an Uber.

When Lisa gets home, she walks in and sees Priscilla cleaning up the house:"Mother.."

Priscilla looks over at Lisa and goes back to cleaning:"Hi Lisa-Marie, where have you been? "