Chapter 41:"Bitter sweet"

It feels like I'm floating as I keep hearing Lisa calling my name in the distance, I try to get up but  I feel my insides burn and it's like I'm choking..
I finally get the strength to get up and follow where her voice is coming from:"Lisa, I'm here".
I keep walking to where I hear her voice but there is just more mist:"Reach out for me"
I hear her voice again and see her in the distance, holding our son, I walk closer, reaching out for them:"I'm here"
The more I walk closer to them, the more they drift off:"Daddy, don't leave us" I hear my son say
I feel my body become weaker as they disappear and I try to grab them:"Don't leave us daddy"

Everything goes blank again...

---
Lisa is busy waiting for Michael, feeling nervous as she paces around the hallway from one side to the other.
She runs her fingers through her hair and thinks about everything that has happened.

She hears her phone ringing and picks up:"Hello?"

"Mrs. Jackson we have captured Priscilla and I organized the meeting at the police station like you said" Rex speaks

"Alright, thank you Rex." She ends the call and looks back at the doors, where Michael is and sighs: "Don't leave us Michael.." She looks down, rubbing her stomach.

She leaves the hospital, taking a cab.

When Lisa arrives at the police station, her emotions are everywhere and adrenaline rushes through her.

She sees Rex and feels anger and coldness rush through her:"She's still in the interrogation room, to the left Mrs. Jackson"

Lisa nods and walks to the room, seeing a black mirror and sees her mother, sitting at the table, handcuffed.

She sighs and enters the room.

Priscilla looks at her right away, as Lisa stands in front of the door, showing no emotion

Her mother smirks, evilly:"How is your husband darling?"

Lisa walks up to her, feeling pissed.

She slaps Priscilla through her face, leaving a red mark.

"That's for what you did to us and my husband." She feels satisfied with slapping Priscilla.

Priscilla looks at her with a cold face: "Well, to be honest I thought it was my lawyer."

Lisa slams her hands on the table:"You really think your lawyer will help you? After you trying to murder my husband?! You've got to be fucking kidding me! Why did you do it? Huh?!!"

Priscilla says with dryness in her voice:"This was for Joseph. For killing him"

Lisa scoffs:"You really are sick. You don't need a lawyer to help you, you need a goddamn psychiatrist, I don't even know if Scientology did this to you or if you were always like this.
I just wanted to tell you that you will never get out and I wish you weren't my mother."
She says with all the pain she's felt for years

Priscilla doesn't show any emotions.

Lisa hears through the speaker, it's time for her to leave and the police officer opens the door.

Lisa leaves without speaking and walks into to the hallway, she leans against the wall, feeling like she just faced her biggest fear.
She rests her head on the wall, looking up, trying to calm down as she starts to think about Michael, hoping he will be okay.

The sound of her phone ringing, snaps her back to reality:
"Good day Mrs Jackson, I'm your husband's surgeon, we ended the surgery, you can come see him."

Lisa let's out a shaky breath:"Is he awake?"She asks with hope.

"No, not yet, but he will soon."

A tear rolls down her cheek and she wipes it away, saying:"I will be there soon, thank you for informing me."

"Of course, Mrs.Jackson."
Lisa hangs up and leaves the station.

She sees Rex walking up to her:"Hello Mrs. Jackson, let me take you. Shall we go back to the hospital?"

She nods and they get into the car. When she gets to the hospital, she sees the paparazzi and press by the building and sighs: "Here we go again, the freaking circus is here.."

Lisa looks down and touches her belly: "Don't worry you two, your daddy is going to be alright.."

Rex opens the door for Lisa and gets her safely to the building, she walks to the ward, seeing Michael's doctor. He sees her and points to the door, to where Michael is.

She walks into the room, grabbing a chair, sitting next to Michael, taking his hand and kisses it

Michael stirs and starts twitching, he moves and opens his eyes, looking at the bright light, he looks around, seeing Lisa

She looks at him and all the anger, frustration and sadness goes away and she smiles at him: "I knew you wouldn't leave us" she smiles with tears in her eyes.

Michael coughs and smiles at her:"Of course I wouldn't."

She kisses him as she cries:" You don't know how I felt Michael, I thought you were going to die.." She squeezes his hand:"Don't you ever dare drink any orange juice again, no more orange juice, you hear me?" She cups his face with her small hands, looking into his eyes

Michael kisses her deeply, laughing through the kiss as he holds her body gently:"I'm glad I'm alive baby, nothing can come between us" he strokes her back

She laughs, through her tears, grinning: "How you are feeling though?"

Michael gives her a small smile:"Like crap, but I'm just thankful to be here with you and our babies. You guys were the ones who brought me back. How are you feeling?"

She runs her fingers through his hair: "I'm better because you are here, so I would say pretty good" she gives him a little smile and takes his hand, placing it on her belly.

They feel the babies kick both of their hands:" They both missed you as much as I did." She looks at him and kisses his cheek.

Michael tears up:"Daddy hopes you arrive soon, I can't wait any longer" He sits up slowly, giving Lisa and her belly a kiss