Chapter 44:"Your love is magical"

It's in the middle of the night and Michael and Lisa are busy sleeping.

Lisa jolts up, feeling pain in her stomach, she places her hands where it hurts and takes a couple of breaths, trying to get through the contractions but it doesn't help so she shakes Michael: "Michael, wake up, please." She feels a wet spot under her, knowing for sure that she needs to go to the hospital.

Michael feels Lisa shaking him and slowly opens his eyes:"Yes baby, are you alright?" he says in a croaky voice

Lisa breathes deeply and says:"I'm sorry, I'm waking you but we need to go to the hospital...like now. The twins are coming"

Michael instantly sits up, with wide eyes, seeing her water has broken and smiles, feeling excited:"Okay, I'll notify Rex, and I'll get our things ready"

He gets out of bed, calling Rex and gets the hospital bag, helping Lisa out of the bed

Lisa tries to concentrate on her breathing as Michael takes her downstairs. They get into the car and Lisa feels strong contractions hit her:"Can we please hurry up, because I'm going to give birth right here, if we don't go faster.." she tries to breathe deeply but it doesn't help much.

Lisa puts her hand on Michael's knee, squeezing his leg hard. Michael takes her hand off his leg and holds it, helping her through the painful contractions.

They arrive shortly at the hospital and the nurse directs them to their suite and Rex stands outside:"All the best boss"

Michael looks back, smiling:"Thank you, Rex" He walks into the ward with Lisa.

The nurse helps Lisa lies on the bed
and she calls for the midwife as Lisa continues her breathing.

The midwife walks in with a warm smile:"Hello Mr and Mrs Jackson. I'm midwife Ruth, I will be delivering your twins today. How are you feeling right now Mrs Jackson?"

Lisa looks at her, and grits her teeth because of the pain:"Bad."

The midwife looks at her with sympothy:"Do you want pain relief?"

Lisa looks up at Michael and then at Ruth:"No, I don't want any"

Michael looks at her, proudly:"She's so strong"

The midwife smiles:"Alright, let me see how far along dilated you are"

Ruth examines Lisa:"Alright, you are four centimeters dilated. I will be back to check on you and your babies frequently"

The nurse walks in strapping Lisa's stomach so they can monitor the twins.

Lisa holds Michael's hand tightly, breathing deeply...feeling nervous.

--9 hours later--

Michael is busy massaging Lisa as she tries to get through some sharp, strong contractions as she leans against the birthing ball:"You've got this baby. You're doing great"

Lisa lies back down on the bed and Michael feeds her some iced fruit:"I love you"

She smiles at him:"I love you too" she starts to eat and puts her head back, trying to comfortable in the bed

After a while, the midwife comes back to check on Lisa:"Wow, okay, Mrs Jackson, you are fully dilated, it's time to push"

Lisa gets positioned and takes Michael's hand, squeezing it, the midwife tells her to push and Michael gets excited:"They are nearly here"

Michael watches Lisa intently and holds her leg:"Come on baby, you can do this."

The midwife tells Lisa to keep pushing and after a while it's nearly time:"Alright, Mr Jackson do you want to help get the baby out?"

Michael grins, proudly:"Sure"

The nurse goes in Michael's place, giving Lisa support and the midwife tells Lisa to take short breaths:"Alright, the baby is crowning"

Michael's face lights up as he helps pull his son out.
Michael starts crying, feeling overjoyed at seeing his son:"He's perfect baby" He cuts the cord with stork shaped scissors

The baby starts crying and the nurse takes him to clean him off as the midwife tells Lisa to get ready again:"Okay, Mrs Jackson, one more time"

A couple of minutes pass and the midwife tells Lisa the second one is close:"We are nearly there Mrs Jackson. One more push"

Michael can't stop crying and smiles ae he sees his wailing little girl being born:"Baby she's so beautiful, she looks just like you" He cuts the cord as the nurses take her to get cleaned.

One of the nurses bring their son in a blanket and hand him to Lisa:"Congratulations on your twins Mr and Mrs Jackson, well done mommy"

She looks down at their son as she smiles through her tears: "Hello my baby.." Her son touches her cheek and Lisa takes his little hand, holding it gently.

The nurse hands Michael his daughter and he walks back to Lisa, sitting in the bed with her, and the midwife asks:"Have you decided on their names?"

She looks at her, nodding her head:" Aaron Storm Jackson and for our girl Mia Katherine Jackson"

The midwife smiles as she checks Lisa one last time before leaving.

Michael looks down at Mia, smiling as she wraps her tiny hand around his finger. He brings her closer to his bare chest and she automatically snuggles against his neck:"Hello, I'm your daddy, welcome to the world princess"

Lisa smiles at Michael as Aaron cuddles against Lisa's chest and falls asleep: "I already love them both so much" she says, looking at sleeping Aaron.

"Michael, do you want to hold him?" Lisa whispers.

Michael looks at Lisa:"Sure". Michael passes Mia to Lisa and Lisa gently passes a sleeping Aaron to Michael

Lisa smiles, seeing how beautiful their daughter is and places Mia on her bare chest, having skin to skin contact with her and Mia looks up at Lisa, making her smile.

Michael puts a sleeping Aaron on his chest and he starts waking up:"I'm so happy you and your sister are finally here in my arms. Daddy has been eagerly waiting for you."

Her and Michael kiss and Lisa starts to drift off from exhaustion....

**The names for the boy were chosen as a tribute to the people who are no longer here but are deeply loved and missed.**