Chapter 36:"Salty kiss"

Janice strokes Michael's chest, trying to kiss him again
But Michael pushes her, nearly making her fall:"Get the fuck off  me!!"

Janice tries to regain her balance:"What?! You were enjoying it just as much as me"

Michael scoffs:"That's bullshit, I was just shocked you kissed me"

Michael wipes his mouth in disgust:"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go talk to my wife. And pray you don't get fired Ms Smith"

Lisa is sitting on a bench in front of the hospital building, tearing up. She tried to get her thoughts together:"He would never do that to me, would he?
Am I not good enough for him?
What am I going to do now?"
She can't stop thinking,  all kinds of thoughts race through her mind and she bursts out crying, her heart shattering into pieces. She takes out her phone, trying to compose herself while ordering a cab.

Michael rushes out of the office getting stopped by Rex's surgeon:"Good day, Mr Jack-"

But Michael bumps past him:"Sorry-"
He exists the hospital seeing Lisa getting into a cab:"Lisa! Lis-" he sees the car speeding off and he rubs his face:"Shit"
Michael tries to get himself together and gets into his car, starting it:"That girl is definitely getting fired."

--

Michael enters their house in a panic, he frantically looks for Lisa:"Babe??!!!" but there's no answer.
He searches the whole of downstairs and outside, not finding her.

He swiftly goes upstairs, walking to their bedroom. He tries opening the door but its locked:"Lisa, please open up"

Lisa lies on the bed, looking at the wall, her face is completely cold and blank. She doesn't want to see him.

Michael rests his head on the door:"Love, please. Let me explain"

Lisa stands up, taking the blanket and wraps it around her. She unlocks the door, opening it. She looks at him with a disgusted look on her face. Michael walks into the room but Lisa walks right past him, heading to the bathroom, to take a shower.

He sits on the bed, just waiting for her as he rubs his head in frustration

Lisa is gone for a couple of minutes and comes out of the shower, walking to the closet, ignoring him. She tries not to cry, feeling hurt and flashes of them kissing run through her mind.

Michael clears his throat:"Look, I know you are mad at me, but its not what it looked like"

Lisa blows up:"Excuse me?! Its not?!? So how did it look?! So I didn't see my husband kissing a fucking nurse?! Am I just delusional?!Huh?!" She looks at him with tears in her eyes and looks away, attempting to leave the bedroom.

Michael grabs her arm:"Babe, let me explain, please"
Lisa tries to free herself but his grip is too strong:"She kissed me"

She looks at him, wiping her tear:"That's not an excuse, Michael."

Michael sighs:"She was talking to me about my dad and then she suddenly kissed me. And then you walked in, I was just shocked she had done that in the first place but I pushed her away. It meant nothing"

She tries to free herself again but he pulls her closer and she gives up, feeling calmer.
She gets a flashback from when Danny kissed her: "Michael, still, you know exactly how this feels" she sighs, calming herself and looks down.

Michael tucks her hair behind her ear:"I know, but I love you. Your being provides the star that brightens me and the force that strengthens me. I love you, girl"

She looks at him with a softer expression and hugs him tightly, starting to cry in his chest

Michael lifts her chin:"I'm sorry"

She looks at him with tears running down her cheeks, not answering. She kisses him with all she has:" You are my life, Michael. After everything we've been through, I would be nothing without you1. I love you so much Michael" she kisses him again

Michael kisses her, tasting her tears:"I love you more. Please stop crying. I don't want to see you cry because of me"

She giggles in between kisses, still in tears and kisses him with passion

Michael wraps his arms around her as they kiss and he pulls back, he walks to the door, locking it.....

--

A couple hours later, they lie in bed, cuddling.
Michael reaches for his phone and calls the hospital:"Hi, this is Mr Jackson, I'm phoning in regards to nurse, Janice Smith. Well, she has shown highly inappropriate work conduct. I walked with her to the nurse's office and--oh? You have cameras in there? Sure, I'll wait"

Michael looks at Lisa, stroking her stomach, smiling and they wait a while:"Yes, thank you for your cooperation, bye"

Lisa looks at him, frowning:"And what was that?" She moves closer to him,  sitting up, covering herself

Michael chuckles:"She's getting fired"

Her eyes go wide in shock and she laughs: "No you did not..did you just call the hospital?"

Michael holds her hand:"Yes. I did. What she did was unacceptable"

She blinks a couple of times, not believing what he just did and lays back on the bed: "We were supposed to get something to eat for my dad and you were supposed to call your mother. We could invite them over here?"

Michael looks down:"Yes, sure and then we can go visit your dad again. I'm sure he will be wondering where we went" and he giggles

She rolls her eyes: "I think he'll be surprised his nurse is suddenly gone" she giggles and starts getting dressed:
"Go call your mother and I'll make something for my dad.."

Michael chuckles:"Alright."
He phones his mother and explains what happened to Joseph, he also invites his family over to the Dominican Republic, which they gladly accept

Lisa walks downstairs to cook for her dad, she then packs it and waits for Michael to get ready, with a big smile on her face.