13

[Picnic]

• • • •

Jeon took you to the top of a small hill, quite near to the valley that Sunny loves to go to for a run.

The view from the top of the hill overlooks a beautiful scenery of hills filled with beautiful green grass and flowers and also fields of crops.

Jeon laid a blanket down on the ground and placed the basket he brought along on top of it before sitting himself down cross legged.

You also kneeled down in front of him quite timidly because you noticed right then that your short skirt was not really appropriate for sitting on the ground.

Jeon saw how uncomfortable you were looking before staring at your hands that were trying to pulled your skirt to cover your legs appropriately.

He took off his leather jacket before placing it on your lap while you just stared at him before uttering a soft 'thank you'.

He just hummed a response before opening up the basket and took out a variety of food and placing them on the blanket covered ground as you examined all of them.

"I don't mind you wearing anything short, but I will mind if you wear it with someone other than me." He spoke out suddenly making you flinch a bit but then you processed what he just said.

"W-what?" You stuttered, not quite sure you understood the meaning behind his words.

He finally placed everything out of the basket before closing it and straightening up to stare at you straight in the eye, which had you gulping.

"Don't wear anything short, especially one like what you're wearing now, with any other guy. ESPECIALLY my brother." He spoke with authority while you just raised your brows at him and your mouth gaping.

You were speechless, not knowing what to say but just decided to just nod your head and listen to him.

You know that you would only wear something as cute and special like this only for him anyways so he really didn't have to worry about it.

Then right that moment, something hit you in realization as you stared at Jeon intendly, trying to figure it out.

Jeon, who was spreading some butter on a bread, must have felt your stare because he suddenly looked up and met your eyes.

He must have seen some serious emotions that you were expressing through your eyes, thus he placed the bread down on the paper plate and raised his brows at you initiating to spill what you were thinking.

"Jeon." You said with a normal voice, without the usual cheesiness or snarky tone.

"Yes?" He also replied with a serious tone.

The both of you were silent, just staring at each other in the eyes, waiting for you to finally speak what you really wanted to.

"You may not go down in history, but you'll for sure go down on me soon." You finally spoke with a small smirk on your face.

Jeon's mouth dropped open and you see both his ears go red and he just took in a large breath before frantically looking around and spotting a water bottle.

He opened it up and gulped it all down in large gulps, emptying it in one go while you just stared at him with an amused face.

After he downed the whole drink, he breathed out and took long pants slowly while wiping his lips dry with his hand.

"You....", he was still panting as he had his eyes closed, "You looked that serious.....", he still had his eyes closed but his breath started to calm down before he opened his eyes to stare at you, "...... just to make that dirty joke?"

He asked still unbelieved that you spoke in a normal tone and serious face, filled with many emotions, just to crack up on another one of your dirty jokes.

You just laughed to which he was still staring at you in disbelief.

"It's just....." You were laughing so much you had to take breaths to finish your sentence.

"..... you looked so serious, waiting for me to say what's really on my mind, I just couldn't pass on the opportunity to let you down and crack a joke." You said after a fit of laughing while he sighed dejectedly, his body slumping, totally given up on you.

After that it was silent with the both of you having calmed down from him being appalled and you being amused.

You were the one to break the silence, "But there is something I am wondering about Jeon."

You suddenly turned serious again but this time Jeon has a poker face on, thinking you were about to prank him yet again.

But it wasn't a prank, you were serious.

"You've known for 3 years, about my feelings for you. Ever since I saw you when I was 14 and you were 16, I've had a crush on you. And soon it started developing into real feelings over the years, until now I am positive to say that they are strong and that I really like you." You spoke with sincerity while Jeon just stared at you without saying a word nor showing any emotions.

"I have been VERY obvious with my feelings, since the start. But what I want to know is, why now? Why so suddenly you just started acknowledging it? So abruptly, because until yesterday? Heck, until this morning before your brother asked me out on a date, you treated my feelings as non-existent." Without you knowing, the words and the confusion that was brewing inside you started to sputter out of you uncontrollable.

Jeon was still silent, but you weren't looking at him anymore because you just stared down at your lap which was covered by his leather jacket.

"Are you only doing this because...... you don't want to lose against your brother? Because you don't want me to get out of your unknowing grasp? Did you expect to just have me tied to you forever without you returning your feelings?"

You asked with a soft and unsure voice, starting to feel quite inferior with the thoughts running around your mind.

You took the courage to look up at Jeon still sporting the poker face while you opened your mouth to ask one last question that was bugging you all along.

"Am I just a joke to you?"