40

[Question]

• • • •

You were now heading back to your dorm after telling Jimin that you just want to go home and rest.

He nodded before going out and taking your tote bag which you left at the chair, giving the rest an excuse, while you thanked him.

He walked you towards the door and waved you goodbye as you smiled softly at him and walked away.

You had asked him to keep what he found out a secret and to tell everyone that you were having some period cramps so you had to go home.

That would work every time because since they are guys they wouldn't know how to handle it and just let you go without much thought.

You texted Jihyun just in case she got worried because she knows how you would be feeling.

You :
I'm heading back first, I just don't feel so well.
Seen 8:30PM

Jihyun~ :
I heard from Jimin, but I know what's really up.
Seen 8:30PM

Jihyun~ :
Are you okay?
Seen 8:31PM

You :
I'm okay, don't worry about me.
Seen 8:31PM

You :
Enjoy your dinner.
Seen 8:31PM

Jihyun~ :
Alright~ get back home safe Haneul.
Seen 8:32PM

You :
Will do~
Seen 8:32PM

You locked your phone and continued walking towards the dormitory and arrived in 10 minutes.

You entered your room, taking off your shoes, dropping your tote bag on the bedside table and plopping yourself down on your bed and heaving a large sigh while closing your eyes.

You took out the necklace back again from underneath your shirt before taking it off.

You held it up in your hand, staring at Jeon's name on it before walking towards your dressing table and opening your special jewelry box which you specifically bought to place the necklace.

There are some occasions where you just kept it in the box in Busan, like when you had to help your mom with some farm work.

Now you lightly place it inside the box willingly because you believed that it's time to finally give up on Jeon.

He looks like he's truly in love with Yuri and as much as it pains you, seeing him happy is all that matters.

And you also couldn't do that to Yuri. She seemed like a sweet and innocent girl. You couldn't think to snatch her boyfriend away.

You closed the box shut and placed it inside your drawer before locking the drawer with the key.

You stared at yourself in the mirror, seeing the girl staring back at you, who looked as if the spark in her eyes are gone.

You tried forcing a small smile, even though it looked so fake and crooked and pained.

It's time to give up and let go of the promise Haneul-ah.

—————————————

The next day you were walking towards your first class and on the way you were greeted by Jimin accompanied by his friends.

You smiled brightly and approached them as they all gave you warm smiles.

"Are you feeling better now Haneul-ssi?" Namjoon asked and you stared at him confused before realization clicked in when Jimin gave you that look.

"Ah~ yes I'm all better. Nothing a girl can't handle." You said with a nervous laugh and they just grinned and nodded.

You looked at Jeon who seemed to be looking at you with a weird look and you just stared back.

He must have noticed something different about you and you looked away before diverting your eyes down slightly.

You were wearing a crop top with a square neckline which shows a lot of your collarbone and neck.

Anyone would notice, as your neck is now bare and the necklace wasn't attached anymore. Jeon must have noticed but didn't comment on it.

Jimin also noticed and gave you a knowing glance while you just flashed a small smile at him.

"Stop being a wuss and just do it Han." You heard a voice spoke behind you and turned around to see Jeonghan who was being shoved towards your direction by Seungcheol.

"You can do it Jeonghan hyung! Fighting!" Seungkwan spoke from behind and you raised your brows at the now approaching Jeonghan.

He looked nervous and fidgety with one of his hands behind his back as you smiled when he finally stood in front of you with a shy smile.

"Hello Jeonghan Sunbae." You spoke with a smile while he suddenly gulped.

You just raised your eyebrows and still looked confused when he suddenly looked back at his friends.

His friends were giving him thumbs up and he suddenly turned back around.

You still smiled at him kindly when he suddenly took out the hand he was hiding and shoved a bouquet of purple roses towards you.

You stared at it wide eyes, confused before looking up at him, who was smiling nervously.

"Umm...." You didn't know what to say but was interrupted.

"Would you go out on a date with me Haneul-ah?" He spoke suddenly and that had your eyes widening with your mouth gaping.

"I'm sorry?" You asked quite unsure if you heard correctly.

"Please go on a date with me Haneul-ah. I really really like you." He spoke firmly and determinedly that you were at a loss for words.

You stared at him, his eyes looking so determined and filled with sparks, which reminds you so much of how you used to be back in Busan for Jeon.

You shook that thought out of your head and stared at the roses and then back at Jeonghan who was waiting for your answer anxiously.

Those sparks in his eyes.

Reminds me of myself.

You smiled softly and accepted the roses before taking a sniff from them and then looking up at Jeonghan who was smiling brightly.

"Is that a yes?" He asked to make sure and you just chuckled softly before nodding.

"I don't see why not?" You replied and he did a fist pump to the air and a little jump telling me that he will text you when and where before running off towards his friends who congratulated him.

You just smiled and shook your head, thinking, "A date wouldn't hurt."

But you didn't notice the two pair of eyes behind you, one was staring with envy while the other had fire brewing in his eyes full of jealousy.