38

[Awkward]

• • • •

Saying that it didn't get more awkward than just being near Jeon alone would be a lie.

This was way worse.

It was hard enough for you to act natural around Jeon ever since he started acting like what you guys had was nothing to him.

Getting to see him now with his current girlfriend and also pretending to everyone that it doesn't affect you because they don't know a thing, except Jihyun, is hard.

What was way worse is that you were seated in front of her.

Jo Yuri

The girl who is now happily smiling at Jeon and feeding him the meat that she had wrapped carefully into his mouth.

Jeon was also smiling very lovingly at her which had your eyes tearing up but you immediately turned to the side and blinked it away, bringing up your finger to rub your nose, acting as if it was itchy.

Luckily you were sitting at the edge of the table with only Jihyun accompanying the seat on one side of you.

You just cleared your throat softly and picked up the cup of coke from the table and took a sip.

"Wow, our Jungkookie is still being babied by his girlfriend. I thought we were the only ones who babied him." Seokjin teased which had everyone laughing, except Jihyun and you.

Jeon didn't comment on it and just looked at Seokjin with a small smile while Yuri was giggling by his side.

Jeon likes being babied.

You knew it so well.

It was on your birthday two months ago, when you and Jeon took Sunny and Midnight on a ride towards your favorite date spot.

"Haneul-ah~ I want kisses." Jeon spoke in a baby voice and you just stared at him half disgusted but half flustered.

"What's wrong with you Jeon? What's with that cringy voice?" You asked with a raised eyebrow while he just flashed you his bunny smile which your heart always fluttered, staring at.

"I just want to be spoiled by you. Being babied by you is just something I enjoy." He said in a soft tone staring at you straight in the eyes, your faces very close to each other.

Your cheeks flared red with the intimacy he was staring with and you couldn't help but just lean forward and give him a short peck on the lips.

The post embarrassment got to you that you turned away immediately and just avoided eye contact.

"Hanuel-ah~" Jeon called out but you still looked everywhere but him.

You felt him place his fingers under your chin and pulled your face slowly towards his direction, which you complied, but still had your eyes faced downwards.

He suddenly leaned in and attached his lips on yours, longer than how you did this time.

When he pulled away, he was smiling endearingly before lightly touching the necklace.

"This necklace means that I'm your one and only baby, that I promise you. And you are mine Haneul-ah, promise me again." He said suddenly to which you smiled and nodded.

"Always Jeon.... I promise." You replied and he leaned in and embraced you in his hug, with him placing his chin on top of your head and you leaning against his chest.

You remembered that bittersweet memory, the day before he stopped contacting you completely.

You had shrugged it off thinking that he was just busy but little did you know, he had broken his promise and you were left with your promise still hanging on a thin thread.

"Haneul-ssi, are you okay? Do you feel stuffed or something? Why are you clutching your shirt that tight?"

You were broken out of your thoughts when you heard someone calling you out and you looked up at Yuri staring at you concerned.

You looked down at your hand and saw that it indeed was clutching your shirt, but it was actually trying to reach the necklace underneath.

You let go immediately, "O-oh, I just felt something itching at my neck. It's no problem." You stuttered a bit and gave a nervous laugh.

She just nodded at you and gave you a smile before continuing to eat. You then turned towards Jeon who was staring at the place your hand was clutching before lifting his eyes to stare at yours.

You immediately looked away and faked a cough before excusing yourself from the table to head to the toilet.

You entered the house and walked the same way you did, towards the end of the corridor and to the last door.

You entered and closed the door before leaning against it while taking a deep shaky breath and slowly letting it out. Soon, the tears that you were keeping at bay started dropping too.

You slid down the door and sat in the bathroom as you took your necklace from underneath your shirt and clutched it tightly.

You were biting your other hand to prevent letting out loud sobs in case someone would hear.

You couldn't take it much longer, seeing the person you love so much, being all lovey dovey with someone else.

Doing all the things that he did with you, experiencing the treatment you always gave him from someone else.

It hurts so bad but you couldn't do anything but to just watch and bear with it because, who could help you with this?

His friends all think Jo Yuri was his sweetheart from Busan, not you. Even though Jihyun knows the truth, she can't do anything about it.

Jo Yuri also looked like a sweetheart. She's been nothing but nice towards you.

You were breaking to the point of no return and right then you decided.

Should you just cut the thread and break your promise?

Should you just give up?