23

[Talk]

• • • •

Everyone was now excited for the 7 students to start performing and you would say you were excited too because this is also your first time seeing Jeon dance.

They were now in position on stage with their head mics attached and you were staring confused to why they were barefoot.

Suddenly the light started dimming and a soft rhythm started before you heard Jeon's melodic voice.

Do your thang
Do your thang with me now
Do your thang
Do your thang with me now
What'smythang
What's my thangtell me now
Tell me now
Yeah, yeah,yeah, yeah

They were swaying to the beat and suddenly a guy with milky skin started rapping.

The song was very unique, packed with unique lyrics and immense vocals which had you falling deep with the song.

Heartbeat racing in my ears
Bump, bump, bump
Eyes wide open into my forest
Jump, jump, jump
Nothing can devour me
I shout out with ferocity

You fell deeper into Jeon's voice and it made you feel so much emotions inside.

Soon the song ended and everyone in the room clapped and even gave standing ovations, you included, and smiled while staring at Jeon who was panting lightly and giving a bow with a smile to everyone.

They went backstage to take off their mics as the two people came back and said that the class is now dismissed and that we can leave.

Everyone started standing up and leaving while you just bit your lip and stayed seated.

Soon you saw the 7 of them came back out from the back and then you finally stood up and looked around to see that mostly everyone have left.

You slowly walked down the steps and towards the group who were standing beside or sitting on the stage.

Taehyung saw you approaching them to which he smiled and waved, which caught the attention of the rest of them before they turned towards you.

You smiled nervously and waved timidly back at them before standing a few meters away from them, not knowing what to say.

"This is Lee Haneul guys. I met her 3 days ago when I was out to eat lunch with Jihyun. She stays across from Jihyun's dorm." Taehyung explained towards his friends while you smiled sheepishly.

Then you looked at Jeon who didn't even spared you a glance and your smile faltered.

What's wrong with him?

"Hi Haneul! I'm Kim Seokjin." You turned towards the guy who looked so handsome up close that you gaped at him.

He seemed to notice your reaction and just smiled.

"Yes, I get that reaction a lot. I'm handsome aren't I?" He gave you a wink which had you taken aback.

"Please excuse him. He's the oldest but the most childish. Hi! I'm Kim Namjoon." The smart looking guy with his hair sleeked back greeted.

"I'm Min Yoongi." The guy with the milky skin spoke.

"I'm Jung Hoseok!" A guy with such a sunshine smile spoke which had you smiling along with him.

"I'm Park Jimin." A guy with cute mono eyelids spoke next and he had the most prettiest eye smile.

They all introduced themselves and I lastly turned to Jeon who still wasn't looking at me and didn't even care I was there.

"Yah Jungkook. Why don't you introduce yourself?" Jin shoved him but he just stared at him before turning towards me.

But before he could speak you spoke first, "Howdy Jeon! It's been so long, even though it's just a month and a few days, but I miss you."

You crashed him in a hug and inhaled his scent which you missed so much.

Everyone was silent and so was he and you scrunched your brows before pulling away as he didn't hug you back.

"Jeon?" You spoke wearily.

"Jungkook you know her?" Taehyung asked while Jeon had an emotionless face on.

He pulled your arms away from him and pushed you back to put space between you two which had you staring at him shocked.

"She's my father's old friend's daughter. We used to be neighbors back in Busan." He spoke coldly as if there was nothing going on between you two.

Just neighbors?

You were beyond shocked hearing him say that. He didn't even introduce you as his girlfriend.

You took a step back unknowingly, still staring at him not believing that he did not acknowledge you as nothing more than a daughter of his father's old friend.

"Nice seeing you here Haneul-ssi." He spoke finally and formally which made you feel your heart crack.

He doesn't even call me with endearment anymore.

You were too overwhelmed to speak before a shout suddenly broke you out from your trance.

"There you guys are! Jungkookie I've been looking all over for you." You heard a voice and you turned towards it to see a girl who seemed to be the same height as you.

She had long straight black hair and she dressed in expensive looking clothes which obviously shows that she comes from a rich family.

She was smiling then she walked towards Jeon and linked her arm around his before leaning in and giving a kiss onto his cheek.

You stood glued to the spot, staring at her then at Jeon who didn't seem to wipe his cheek or shove her off. He just sat there and took it before smiling at her.

The girl seemed to notice you standing there before smiling.

"Oh? Who is this?" She asked.

"This is Lee Haneul, one of the year one student." Jimin replied in your stead because you didn't think you would be able to comprehend words right now.

"Oh! A junior then, nice to meet you! I'm Jo Yuri, Jungkookie's girlfriend." She stated while extending her hand towards you while you stared at it still processing what she said.

Jeon's...... girlfriend?

You didn't want to seem rude so you accepted her hand shake. Then she turned towards Jeon, "Jungkookie~ Yuri is hungry. Let's go eat."

You stared at her acting cute towards Jeon to which he smiled adoringly.

You felt the crack in your heart getting larger and larger the more you stared at them.

"Alright let's go eat. Let's go hyungs?" Jeon asked towards his friend, not even looking at you.

"Sure! I'm starving." Seokjin spoke which made them laugh.

"Haneul-ssi, come with us." Taehyung suggested to which you stared at him.

"H-huh? O-oh." You stared at Jeon who was looking at you with a straight face, the emotions that you used to see in his eyes all gone.

The girl named Yuri was still clinging onto his arm and smiling at you, "Yes Haneul-ssi, do come with us." She offered.

"N-no, it's okay. I have another class to head to and I think I'm already late." You said stuttering a bit before bowing to them all because they were all your seniors before turning around to leave, not bearing to stand there another second.

You ascended up the steps feeling your heart squeezing tight in your chest as you felt the tears pooled in your eyes.

What happened Jeon?

When did we break up?

Why am I not your girlfriend but her?

The tears pool down your face as you exited the classroom and ran out of the building and towards your dorm.

Did everything between us really meant nothing to you?