16

[Unexpected]

• • • •

Jungkook

You were now on Midnight, together with her heading back home as the sun is starting to descend down and slowly out of sight.

It was a bit dark when you arrived back towards your barn and Haneul got off first then followed by you before you placed Midnight back into his own shed, after taking off the saddle from him.

After making sure everything is all locked up with the barn you turned around to see a standing Haneul still there with her hands intertwined behind her back, standing sheepishly looking at you.

You chuckled seeing how adorable she looked before closing the distance between you both, holding both her shoulders before leaning in and kissing her on the forehead.

After you moved back, but still having your hands on her shoulders, you saw her blushing a deep red as she stared at you with wide eyes that you worry it might pop out any moment.

"From today onwards we're Day 1 Haneul-ah." You said ever so gently as you saw a smile starting to creak onto her face.

Your heart fluttered seeing that.

"So I can call you my boyfriend from today onwards?" She asked excitingly, practically bouncing a little.

You chuckled and nodded at her while she squealed and jump onto you, hugging you which had you stumbling back a little but you steadied yourself and wrapped your arms around her.

"You're MY girlfriend Lee Haneul. Mine." You spoke possessively which had her giggling onto your chest.

That made you smile as you placed your face against the top of her head and wrapped your arms tighter around her.

—————————————

"I'm home!" You yelled after shutting the front door to your house and took off your boots.

"Jungkook! Come to the living room for a while." You heard your father spoke and you shuffled your way towards the living room to see that everyone was sitting there, even your brother.

Your brows raised and you cautiously sat on the sofa thinking why they're all gathered here.

Seeing the mood and the expressions on their faces, it didn't seem like any bad news of some sort.

It was silent at first but then your brother broke the silence by pulling out the paper from an envelope that you only noticed that he was holding, and placed it on the table.

You stared at the paper then at your brother then lastly at your parents who were smiling proudly at you.

"What's that?" You finally asked but got no reply, only then your brother slid the paper towards you.

You took it and saw that it was from a University from Seoul. Then you read it and slowly your eyes widened with realization.

Congratulations Jeon Jungkook, on behalf of the Directors of the Korean National University of Arts in Seoul, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted for the Music Degree here in our university.

You got accepted!

A smile started forming on your face and you immediately jumped up in excitement and turned towards your parents giving them a hug.

Your parents proudly patted your back, very ecstatic to find out that you got into the school of your dreams.

"Congrats little brother." Your brother came and ruffled your hair while you just smiled that bunny smile at him.

"When does the school start Jungkook?" Your mom asked and you checked the paper to see when you have to start attending.

"May 4th, 2020." You read then realizing that it is in 2 weeks and your brows raised at how close it was.

"That's possible. All the Universities start next month. You're just a little late with the admission and the acceptance but you got in little bro! This time you can follow me back to Seoul when my holiday ends." Your brother spoke enthusiastically while you just smiled and nodded.

You then excused yourself to wash up, then went upstairs to your bedroom, placing the acceptance letter on your table before you sat yourself down on your bed.

It was silent for a while before you closed your eyes and let out a sigh.

How will I tell this to Haneul?

We just started dating and I'm going to leave her after 2 weeks.

You reminisce how she was smiling so brightly when you held her hand and walked her back home.

You send her towards her doorstep and waited until she went inside before you walked back towards your own home.

Remembering her beautiful and angelic smile, you noticed that it's going to hurt you being away from her.

It will hurt her more as she waited 3 years for you to finally accept her feelings and admit your own feelings.

You really did not expect this to happen.

So what should you do?