45

[Sorry]

• • • •

You woke up with a gnarling headache that made you wonder if this is what a hangover would feel like.

You groaned before slowly sitting up on your bed then dangling your legs over the edge to get ready to stand up.

But before you did, you massaged your eyes softly knowing how puffy they'll be right now with the amount of crying you did last night the moment you arrived back to your dorm room.

You then grabbed your phone and saw a message from Jeonghan.

Jeonghan~ :
I hope you're feeling well now Angel.
Seen 7:00AM

Jeonghan~ :
I'll see you at school today.
Seen 7:00AM

You smiled at his message, thinking it was sweet of him to check up on you first thing in the morning, before replying to it.

You :
I am fine now Jeonghan. ^_^
Delivered 7:05AM

You :
Yes, see you later.
Delivered 7:05AM

You had left the party early yesterday and send a text message to Jeonghan that you had a girl emergency and have to go back.

He was worried at first about you going back alone at this late night but you reassured him that it was okay and if anything happens, you would call.

You had arrived home safely and immediately went to strip out of your clothes into your comfy pajamas and removed the makeup and hair band before diving straight into your bed, crying to yourself until you fell asleep.

You were now inside your bathroom staring at yourself in the mirror, noticing that there is no way you could cover the puffiness of your eyes.

You just sighed and went on with your morning routine, wore some sweatpants and a tank top not even wanting to dress up.

Then you tied your hair up into a messy bun, not bothering with makeup too, before placing on fake glasses.

Your eye sight was good but you just hoped the black rimmed glasses would distract people from staring at your puffy eyes.

It had toned down a little from the hot water from your shower but not enough for it to go unnoticed.

You put on your sneakers, grabbing your tote bag before slinging it towards your shoulders and head out for class.

—————————————

The moment you entered the doors to the Music Building, you were greeted with Jeonghan who was leaning against the wall with his friends near him.

When he turned and spotted you, he flashed that angelic smile of his which had you returning the smile, but only softly.

You approached him and he met you halfway, still sporting that smile of his until you both now stood face to face.

His eyes were staring at yours while you were unconsciously biting your lips, hoping he wouldn't notice why you were wearing glasses.

He didn't comment on it and just placed his hands on your back and lightly pushed you to walk along the corridors together, his friends also in tow.

"Good Morning Haneul-ssi! How are you feeling right now?" Seokmin asked while he was standing on the other side of you.

You smiled genuinely at his bright energy and replied with a soft 'I'm fine now'.

The girl emergency works every time, even though you felt bad for lying to them about it.

While you guys were walking, as always Jeonghan's friends were talking about a lot of stuffs that made you laugh and joyful.

You were walking towards your class, which they insisted they send you to, even though you said it was okay and that you could go there yourself.

While on the way you noticed Jeon and his group of friends who also noticed you too.

Your heart ached again, seeing Jeon and meeting his eyes, as he was also staring at you, with a pain in his eyes, his usual stoic and emotionless expression gone. Now, he just stares at you like a boy who's lost.

You broke the eye contact then send the rest a small smile and wave, which they replied and Taehyung gave a nod to Joshua, Seungcheol and Jeonghan and they returned it.

Jeon also lifted his head up in acknowledgment while you were confused and turned towards the guys and saw Seokmin, Mingyu and Myeongho smiling at him before mock saluting back.

You didn't know they knew each other, but then you thought again. You don't know anything of Jeon's life in Seoul since he had never talked about it with you.

You frowned a bit and looked down while continuing to walk pass them, trying hard not to let the tears fall again.

What we had wasn't important to him Haneul.

You have to wrap your mind around it and accept it.

Jeon can't be yours anymore.

And you have to be okay with it.

Those thoughts lingered in your mind as you gripped your tote bag tighter and quickened up your pace a bit, passing by them.

First love doesn't really last forever.