55

[Explain]

• • • •

Jeonghan stared at you with such a broken expression, that had your stomach churning knowing that you caused it.

Before you could open your mouth to say more, he turned around and exited from where he was standing, while you turned towards Jeon helplessly.

He had an emotionless face on, but you saw that there were no signs of guilt or regret in his eyes as you just huffed and turned to walk out and find Jeonghan.

You walked towards the main exit to see that Jeonghan had just exited, before you ran and caught up to him as he walked away from the building.

He was a fast walker but you sprinted your legs faster to catch up and when you did, you grabbed his arm to stop him while he just froze in place, but did not turn towards you.

By this point you were desperate and you do not like the feeling of someone being hurt because of you.

"Please Jeonghan, let me at least explain." Your voice was barely above a whisper as the both of you stood a few meters from the studio building.

Jeonghan turned towards you, not angry, but his expression looked so broken which had you frowning more.

"Explain what Haneul? That the girl I love is kissing another guy?" He said brokenly while you released him and took a step back.

"You...... you love me?" You whispered while he just shut his eyes and looked away.

You gulped, not knowing what to say while he just took a deep breath before opening his eyes and staring into yours.

"Yes Haneul. I love you. I know it was a short amount of time that we've known each other, but I felt like I loved you since the day I met and talked to you." He said sincerely while your breath hitched.

"I don't know if you believe in love at first sight but it was the case for me Haneul-ah. I fell in love with you at first sight." He spoke out softly while you just breathe in quick pants, not believing that his feelings ran this deep for you.

"I.... I do believe in love at first sight." You answered while staring at him and he stared at you with the same broken stare.

"I think I can tell who it is to." He replied while you broke eye contact and look the other way before shutting your eyes.

You took a deep breath in and then let it out slowly.

"I'm sorry Jeonghan." You replied and turned back to him while he just shut his eyes and nodded.

"Just answer me this." He said while you looked into his eyes, waiting for his questions.

"How long?" He asked while you stared at him confused.

"How long have you been with him? Because he surely has a girlfriend and you two are fooling around behind her back." He continued which had you stinging a bit before you looked down.

"We're not.... fooling around. He...." You spoke before you bit your lips as you felt the tears welling up.

"He was my boyfriend in Busan....." You said while staring back into his eyes as the tears fell down your face, "..... for two years."

You explained, which had his eyes widening and staring at you in shock while you just chuckled at the irony of it all, before furiously wiping your tears.

"He was mine before Yuri's. Well, I thought he was.... until I came to Seoul and attended the same university, just for him, to find out that he has another girlfriend." You spoke out painfully, smiling through the tears as Jeonghan looked at you with sadness.

"He didn't break up with you?" Jeonghan asked softly, now stepping a bit closer to you.

You wrapped your arms around yourself and shook your head as a no.

By that, Jeonghan had wrapped his arms around you and placed your head against his chest while you broke down.

"I was vulnerable today. I didn't meant to kiss him Jeonghan. I knew it was wrong, I would never want to betray you like that. I feel so guilty. But it's just that my heart..." You choked out in between sobs while he shushed you and caressed your head.

"Please stop crying. I understand Haneul-ah. The heart wants what it wants. No one can stop it, not even yourself." He said in hushed whispers while you slowly wrapped your arms around him and sobbed as he continued caressing your head.

The both of you stood like that for a while, as you just basked in the comfort he gave, which soothes your pained heart a bit.

—————————————

You returned back to the studio and met Jihyun on the way to the room where Jeon must be left in and she saw your red eyes and nose but didn't comment on it.

When you entered the room, Janet was there packing up and you saw Jeon had already changed into the clothes he came in.

You ignored his stare and quickly went behind the coverups to change into your clothes and after you have finished, you took your sling bag and walked towards Jihyun.

"Is it okay if I go first? I have something to do." You requested and Jihyun sensed the seriousness in your eyes and nodded which had you smiling before greeting Janet a farewell.

She smiled and gave you a hug which you gave back and stared at Jeon whom was already staring at you, before turning around to leave.

You exited the building and hailed a cab before telling the driver your destination.

You arrived back at your dorm after a 15 minutes ride and walked towards the elevator and towards your dorm room before entering it.

Then you grabbed the small luggage on top of your wardrobe before opening it up and grabbing some clothes to shove them in.

You packed your toiletries and other necessities before you zipped them up and set it down before you dialed a number.

"Hello this is Korean Air, how may I help you?" A lady spoke.

"Hello, do you have a flight to Busan? Earliest today?" You asked while biting your lips before opening your bedside drawer with the key and taking out your passport.

"Yes, there is a flight scheduled at 7:30PM. Do you want to reserve a seat?" She replied while you checked your wrist watch and saw that it was 5:30PM and noticed you've got time.

"Yes that would be perfect. The name is Lee Haneul, I'll be arriving in 45 minutes." You said while making sure you have everything you need before leaving your room and locking the door.

"Surely ma'am. If that is all I would be ending the call." She spoke again which you replied with, "Yes, thank you."

The call ended and you entered the elevator and went on kakaotaxi to book a ride to the airport.

A driver accepted and was already on the way as you left the elevator and you flashed a smile towards the lady at the lobby before exiting the building and just a few minutes later, your taxi arrived.

You got on and it drove towards the destination you have put in and just as expected you arrived in 45 minutes.

You got your ticket from the counter, already checked in and entered the terminal not having any baggage to check in, before sitting at the gates for your flight as you stared at your phone.

You received messages from Jihyun, asking to join her and the guys for dinner then one from Jeon asking the same.

Then, Jeonghan messaged asking if you're feeling better and you just sighed before putting your phone on airplane mode and plugging your earphones in.

You listened to music and soon the gates opened which you entered and sat at the window seat that you had requested.

You stared out the window for a bit before closing your eyes and leaned back onto your chair.

You just felt like going back home for a bit and away from all this drama and frustrations.

To clear your mind.