6- Entirely Coincidental

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, and three times is enemy action."

-Ian Fleming

***

"Hey, I am sorry about what I said about the Cullen's yesterday. They seem like a good group."

"Huh?"

Conversation is not something that I expected Bella to spark during the ride to school. A fire maybe, to burn down the house, but not conversation. About the Cullen's to add to the crazy factor. Bella Swan sparked a conversation in the car about my new friends.

This is going to be a weird day.

"Uh... thanks. I am sorry for scaring Mike."

Bella laughed at that, actually laughed, and continued to drive. "Yeah I think he's in love with you now."

That sparked my interest. "Really?" I asked, my face drooped. "That is so weird."

"Tell me about it."

We continued to drive in silence, but for once, and this hasn't happened for as long as I could remember, it was comfortable.

"He reminds me of a golden retriever."

"That's what I thought!"

We giggled, and Bella's face soon became serious again. "I do have a question for you though... did any of them ask about me?"

narrowed my eyes, picking at my nail. "Um, no, why would they?"

"I just don't think that Edward likes me that much. We have biology together, and when I walked in, it seemed like he was glaring at me, and his eyes looked, so... dark." She paused when she took in my expression. "Wait, you noticed it too?"

I nodded, my throat suddenly closed up. "Well, yeah... but I am sure that it was just a coincidence." I muttered, pulling at he strings of my sweater. "I mean, remember what Phil-" My voice caught when I said his name, "-used to say? That the second time the same thing happens, it is just a coincidence, but the third time, be on guard?"

Bella frowned. "He never said that to me, he said that to you when you were talking about baseball plays."

Huh. That is where I heard it. Phil probably didn't like me that much because I am better then him at baseball. I am sorry, Phil.

Except that I am not.

"Whatever, just look out for it again. If it happens a third time, come talk to me. I don't care where I am or what I am doing."

I glanced out of the window as Bella parked, my eye catching Jasper's as he and Alice stood bye the entrance of the school. "Unless I am talking to him." I corrected, gesturing toward Jasper. Bella raised her eyebrow. "Okay." She smirked at me, and I rolled my eyes. "Come on, he's hot, I know it's obvious." I smiled back at Bella. "See you Bella-bear. I'll try to talk to you at lunch. But I might kill one of your friends."

Bella laughed. "Okay, Court."

As I exited the truck, I felt happier then usual. For one, I actually got along with Bella for once, and second, she called me by my nickname!

I can't wait to text Sadie.

Oh Sadie. My best friend, scratch that, my only friend from Arizona. She was incredibly short, the same height as Alice, but armed with rust colored hair, mixed with hot pink, and a take no prisoners attitude. My mom thinks that she is a bad influence, and in her mind, if it weren't for Sadie, I would be the perfect daughter, armed with the perfect grades, perfect boyfriend, and perfect life.