16- Something Else

"You can't blend in when you're born to stand out."

-Ryan Buchanan

***

"Does she even like Italian?" Rosalie asked me the next day. Myself, plus the whole Cullen family minus Edward, were all gathered in their luxurious kitchen, the decadent scents of the food Esme was cooking floating around. I shrugged, something not easy to do with Jasper's arm around my shoulders. "I dunno, her name is Bella."

Emmett chuckled loudly, making me trust him even less with that huge knife in his hand.

"You look like a serial killer, Em."

Emmett made a face at me, twirling the knife around in his hand. I took a small step back, and Rosalie snatched the knife from his grasp. "You are going to stab someone."

Emmett smirked, taking a slow step forward, "hide your girlfriend, Jazzy."

"Run!" Alice yelled, and we bolted out up the stairs as Emmett laughed like a madman from behind. I chuckled, this is good, life is good. I may be incredibly stupid and often hang out with a group of mythical creatures who could murder me at any second, but it's still good.Alice was giggling, having an awful fun time showing off how fast she could run as she sprinted up and down the steps. I pulled a face. "Showoff." I mumbled, and Alice giggled.

"Bella's going to break something in your house I am calling it right now." I said once I heard the door open and close. "Most likely something expensive."

"How expensive?" Jasper asked, doing that super hot thing he does when he only raises one of his eyebrows. I tried to mock him as I approached the big window at the end of the hall, but probably only succeeded in making myself look stupid.

"Picture the most expensive thing you own... that's it! Oh you have a cool tree." I leaned my head out of the open window, the breeze blowing my hair across my face. I pulled my head back into the house, and pointed to the large plant outside. "Is that important?"

They both burst into simultaneous giggles. "What? The tree?" Alice asked, and I nodded, "yeah, is it important?"

"W-What do-" Jasper began, before seeing that it was hopeless. "No. No the tree is not important."

I made eye-contact with Alice, and we shared knowing, devious grins. Using her super-speed, she flew to the window, and climbed out so she was balancing on one of the thick branches, I began to follow suite, but a strong pair of arms wrapped around my stomach prevented me from moving any further. "No."

I chuckled softly, flipping around so I was facing him. "It's fine, Jazzy. Alice can catch me if I fall." I paused to take in his facial expression, and tried to correct my mistake. "Not that I am going to fall."

Another long pause.

I groaned. "Have you just gone mute all of a sudden?" I asked, waving one of my hands in front of his face, which wasn't easy given our current position. He finally sighed, leaning his forehead on mine for a brief second, and then pushed me slightly. "I'm going first."

I grinned triumphantly. I am glad Edward isn't here because I couldn't stop thinking about the time I fell out of a tree and fractured my wrist. Well... that time I didn't have two vampires to help me. I only had Bella, who refused to climb it because she knew that she would break her neck.

It wasn't a long way down, and I managed to crawl through the window without any permanent repercussions, jumping in and pointing at Jasper. "Ha ha!" I yelled, my own small victory making me forget that there were other people in the room. I turned, pretty sure I was blushing slightly, and waved at Bella as Alice and Jasper entered. "Hey, Bells."