44- Stiff and Dangerous

"Veronica, why are you pulling my dick?"

-Shannen Doherty, Heathers

***

"You're not fighting? What, did you pull a muscle or something?"

Okay, so a shit-ton of information has come up in the past few hours. Bella had a dream informing her that Victoria was behind all of this army-bullshit, so now we are... ugh I don't even know.

For one: It was a goddamn dream. If all of our dreams came true, then Shrek would be chasing me around Los Angeles while the dumb-chick from Mean Girls criticized my outfits.

And two: Bella managed to convince Edward to not fight, which in my opinion, is pretty selfish. I mean, they need all the help they can get. Do you think it's easy for me to send Jasper into battle? Rosalie? Emmett? Alice? No, but I am doing it because I have too.

Paul snickered, crossing his arms to show off his impressive biceps, staring down Jasper, who pulled a face and rolled his eyes. I grinned.

"He's doing it for me, okay?" Bella's voice was small and slightly ashamed, making me almost feel bad about this. Key word: almost.

Jacob suddenly looked like he swallowed a golf-ball, and his face reddened with poorly-contained jealousy. My heart pinged. I miss the old Jacob. The Jacob who would sing songs from musicals with me, and watch old movies that neither of us enjoyed. I miss him, from the middle of my half-full heart, to the top of my racing mind, and back down again, I miss him in the way the ocean might miss the sand. He's always there, but I could never get a firm-enough grasp before he runs off to my sister.

A small, irrelevant, part of me felt like i wasn't good enough.

Edward turned and gave me a narrow-eyed look, crossing his arms and shaking his eyes. I managed a small smile. I like Edward, I like that he truly loves Bella... sure, he has a knack for the dramatic, but he's family. He's my family.

"Whatever, what's the plan?"

"This field will give us an advantage in battle." Jasper explained, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I instinctively leaned into his touch, feeling like I needed to soak up my time with him. Of course, Jasper wasn't going to get hurt... he was Jasper Hale for God's sake! He would do the hurting. I feel guilty, like I could help, I hate knowing that I can't do something, even if I want too. 'We need to lure the newborns-" his face twitched, the only sign he wasn't entirely comfortable with this plan. "With the," he grimaced again, making Paul cock an eyebrow. "With the, uh, girl's scent. But it needs to end here."

"Edward, Courtney, and I are going to a campsite... but they could pick up our scent even if these guys carried us."

"Campsite?" I perked up, unaware of where we were going. "Dude, I don't like camping, you know what-"