37- Don't

"Friends are the family you choose."

-Jess C. Scott

***

"Courtney!"

I was basically crushed by the force of a hug as soon as I stepped off of the motorcycle. I squealed slightly, giggling as Jared set me back on the ground. "Hi!"

"Oh gosh." I was slightly taken aback by how they all seemed to grow. Embry used to be around the same height as me, now he was clearly taller. "You guys are like-" I paused, unable to think of the correct word to describe the pack.

"I'm stronger!" Embry yelled, running over and scooping me into his arms, bridal style. I swore loudly, my heart jumping to my stomach as I clung on Embry's neck in an attempt to not... I dunno, die.

"You're not stronger, Em." Paul smirked, "That is just something you have to accept."

"Nope, that is something that will never happen." Embry rolled his eyes "See, I'm so strong I can pick her up."

"Wow, you can pick up a 140 pound teenage girl." Quil stated sarcastically, crossing his arms.

"Quil!" I grinned, waving the best I could from my current position. He waved back, smiling like a child.

"Gosh, Embry put the poor girl down."

Embry took that quite too literally, dropping his hands to his side, making me fall on my side. "Um, ow!" I cried, as Emily rushed over to help me up. I leaned over to slap Embry's arm, rubbing my sore arm.

"Oh my goodness! You look fantastic!" Emily grinned, and I giggled as she wrapped me in a much nicer hug. "So do you!"

"Okay, now I'm bored." Embry walked back over to the boys, who were all grinning like children in a school picture. "Like, I also look amazing, but is anyone noticing that? No."

We all roared with laughter as the other motorcycle pulled up to the small house, leaving a trail of dust in it's midst.

"Bella!" Emily grinned, flouncing over to hug my twin. I turned to share a look with Paul. He shrugged, mouthing something that I could barely make out:

"You are nothing like your sister."

***

"How do I look?"

Jasper shifted from his spot on the couch and walked over to me, placing his hands on my waist and nuzzling his head into my neck. "Don't go?"

I laughed airily, moving my head down so I could gently kiss his lips. "I need too."

"Or you could stay here with me."

"Jazz-" I was cut off from my complaint by his cold lips leaning down to reach mine. I sighed slightly, hating the effect he had on me, and tangled my fingers in his hair, relishing my moment of bliss for a second too long. "Stop manipulating me, asshole."

"I'm not." He smiled softly, his hands snaking tighter around my waist. "You just love me too much to leave."

"Shut up." I couldn't help the laugh that escaped me as I wrapped my arm around his neck. "Now you're manipulating me."

"It's called guilt, darling."

"Well guilt can go two ways." I chuckled, pressing my lips onto his forehead. "And I don't know if I'll be welcome with the wolves anymore if I smell too much like you." I added in a teasing tone, Jasper pouted, although the corners of his lips quirked in a smile.

"I can make you smell more like me if you want."

"Jasper!"

He burst into laughter at the bright redness of my face, leaning his head on my shoulder. "I'm just joking love, well, for now."

"Well now I am going to have a bright red face, thanks a lot."

"You're cute when you blush."

"You're cute all the time."

"You're cuter then me."

"Shut up Texas."

Jasper grinned, leaning forward to kiss me again, tightening his hold until there was no possible way we could be closer. My knees were weak and my heart was beating so fast I knew he could hear it, but I felt better then I have in years.

A knock at the door interrupted that.

"Yo! I'm knocking because I really have my innocence to take into consideration."

Jasper groaned, and I couldn't help but giggle, turning to open the door. "Hi there, Emmett."

The big man grinned jokingly, leaning his shoulder against the door frame. "Sorry if I am interrupting... anything."

"Shut up, loser." Jasper came up behind me, although I could basically hear his smirk. "And don't you go telling me you're innocent."

Emmett was about to retort, but Rosalie's voice from downstairs cut him off. "Stop talking now!"

We laughed at the expression on his face, Emmett shifted on his face, "I have to listen to her."

"Damn right you do."

"Whatever, Jessica's here."

"Oh!" I turned to give Jasper one last fleeting kiss, which felt like a kiss on the hand compared to the last one. "Gotta go!"

"I don't understand how you became friends with Jessica." Emmett rambled as the two followed me down the stairs. "I thought you guys were like... enemies."

"Yeah I don't really know either." I shrugged. "We found peace in our battle."

"Stop being all poetic, it's throwing me." Emmett mumbled, throwing me my coat from the other side of the room. "Have fun!"

"I plan too!"

I turned back to Jasper, who was pouting at me like a child. I grinned, pulling the collar of his shirt down so I could kiss him again. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"'Kay."

"Oh my gosh, you're such a child."

"Says the girl who can quote the entirety of the Mean Girls musical."

I rolled my eyes, turning around and sticking my middle finger up behind my back, hearing Jasper's laugh as I sang.

"Or even vegetation-"

I shut the door before I could finish, but heard Emmett yell from behind the closed door. "I give you sexy corn!"

I burst into laughter, knowing full well they could hear me as I jogged down the Cullen's driveway, raising my hand in greeting when Jess came into view.

Maybe everything will get figured out. 

A/N: Here is a original (pretty adorable) chapter! I am kind of confusing myself with the timeline, so the next chapter will be about them finding out Riley was in their house, (Riley....) and then it will be the bonfire! Thank you all for reading!