19- Again and Again

"Fear has a large shadow, but he himself is small."

-Ruth Gendler

***

Sadie:

I think I'll be able to come for your prom!

Sadie:

And I'll get a chance to escape mom's hormonal frenzy! She's taking Nate to visit Gram!

Sadie:

Court?

One missed call from 'Sadie'

Sadie:

Bitch I know you see this you never put that damn phone away.

Sadie:

COURTNEY IVORY SWAN
Sadie:

ANSWER YOUR GODDAMN PHONE

Sadie:

I'm leaving tomorrow and if you're dead I'm killing you.

One missed call from 'Sadie'

***

The most painful part was telling Charlie we wanted to leave.

When Bella tried to let him down easy, I had to step in, and it was not good for me. Dad had turned to me with wide eyes, and I just had to remind myself we were protecting him.

"Just leave us alone, okay? We can't stand to spend another day here!" I yelled, remembering how this was the man who was always there for me during my childhood. "We-" MY voice caught in my throat, so Bella finished for me.

"We really hate Forks!"

I ran upstairs, grabbed my pocketknife, kissed my bear on the forehead, and ditched.

But now, we were gathered in an abandoned parking lot, while our future was made.

"I'll go, take them South." Edward stepped in, and Jasper stood up behind him. He grabbed onto my hand, seeming to never want to let me go. "I'm coming too."

"You guys are not going!" Alice snapped. "That's what he expects! He knows you won't leave their sides!" It was foreign to see Alice yell, and it set me on an even further edge. "I'm taking them to Phoenix! That would be the first place he would think we would go, and he wouldn't expect us to actually go there!"

"I know a place we can bunk down." I muttered, thinking back to the flurry of texts I got from Sadie. Her house is empty, it smells like human in there I bet. We'll be safe.

"No, what?" Jasper demanded. "I am going with you, you can't watch them by yourself!"

I raised an eyebrow, feeling an awful lot like an annoying child being babysat.

"He saw how you jumped in to protect Courtney! He'll be looking for you, to get to her! You're not going, I have my visions, as soon as I find out more, I'll contact you!"

The entire garage went silent. I coughed nervously.

"You go now." Emmett spoke, being the only one in the room not acting weird. "To Arizona, find that place Cordie was talking about and make sure their mom is safe."

Haha, Phil how do you feel?

"Let's go." Alice turned to climb into the drivers side of the jeep. I turned to Jasper, clinging on to him as tightly as possible, and trying my hardest to old my tears back.