53- No

"The worst tragedies happen to the best people." 

-Again, Me. 

***

We all sat around anxiously as Bella brought a small cup to her lips. I had a permanent grimace on my face as she drank the inky red substance. Blood. 

 Jacob seemed to be having similar thoughts, as his lips curled over his teeth, and his eyes were so narrowed I couldn't figure out how he could see. Jasper's arm tightened around me, and I placed a reassuring hand on his waist. 

 "It tastes... good." 

 A small gag came from my mouth, that I did my best to hide behind my hand. It was one thing to have a vampire drink animal blood, having my sister drink human blood is a totally different thing... It's kinda gross. 

 "Your pulse is already getting stronger." Carlisle muttered in awe, making me relax, but still not like this. 

 "It's working!" Esme grinned. I tried for a supportive smile, but when a little drop of blood ran down Bella's chin, I had to turn away. 

 "Wow... I am some sort of genius." 

***

I have never had to speak to mutant vampire babies before... so it made sense that I was nervous. 

 I was sitting on the edge of the couch, next to Bella and Edward. Apparently Edward could... hear it's thoughts? I dunno, I am just here for emotional support. Jasper was hunting with Alice because I forced him too, so I was left alone with the Adams family... and Jacob. 

 "He likes your voice." 

 "Mine?" I raised an eyebrow, confused and slightly concerned at how Edward knew that baby liked my voice. "Uh, thanks?" 

 "Come on, I'm not insane." Edward smiled slightly as Bella rubbed her stomach. "Talk to him, he needs to know the voice of his cool aunt Courtney." 

 "I am pretty cool." I smirked, leaning down so my head was next to Bella's stomach. "Uh, what up little guy? I'm your aunt Courtney... I, uh, will always have gum... if that's something you're in to." 

 The two beside me chuckled. 

 "What else? Um, I'm married to uncle Jasper... yeah you'll love him. Weird Southern dude. I'll probably be the only human in this house when you come, so I would appreciate it if you didn't try to like... bite me or something." 

 The teasing tone n my voice made Bella giggle. "I have really sensitive skin... and my hair constantly changes lengths, so if you're one of those babies who are kinda dumb and don't understand haircuts... it's still me..." I wracked my mind for something to say to the small demon baby. "I guess we'll get along... unless you hurt my sister, in that case, I might have to-" 

 "Auntie Court is leaving now!" Bella gave me a stiff smile, and I waved her off. "Hey! Can't a girl joke? What's your name gonna be?" 

 "Don't ask her that!" Rosalie appeared in the doorway, making me almost jump out of my skin. Jeez, ninja, much? 

 "Hey, are you okay?" Bella suddenly asked a very distracted looking werewolf, making me blink. I honestly forgot he was here.