54- Okay

"Sit with the pain until it passes, and you will be calmer for the next one." 

-Naval Ravikant

***

You know what I do when I am trapped in my own body? Trapped in unbelievable pain that you can't do anything but lay in the fire and scream? 

 You remember. 

 So that is just what I did. 

 ***

 I screamed, although I wasn't originally trying too. So much happened at once. Jasper grabbed Bella's arm and literally threw her into a wall, making pictures fall and plaster break. 

 And then everyone else came in. 

 "Oh my God!" Alice screeched, followed by what sounded like a flurry of yelling from everyone else in the room. Edward ran over to Bella, and pushed her out of the window, knowing it wouldn't hurt her, while I just stood there, too shocked to process any pain. My hand flew too my neck, where blood was gushing out of a gaping hole that I knew wasn't good. 

 "Courtney? Just look at me, okay?" Carlisle's voice swam into my vision, he was poking at me with a syringe. But I still couldn't feel anything. I mutely stared into his eyes as the door opened again. 

 "What the fuck?" I heard a loud voice exclaim, and then Paul was in my line of vision. "What did you do to her? Who did this?" 

"Get out of here, now!" I heard Jasper scream, his voice raised in a way I have never heard it before. He sounded... scared. Terrified, in a way I have never heard before. 

 Then I felt the pain. 

 I screamed my entire body jerking to the side, making Carlisle jump, and press my shoulders onto the bed with his firm hands. "I'm sorry, You have to stay still." 

 "Hurts." I managed to choke out, tears clouding my vision at the stinging, shooting pain that consumed my throat, cutting down toward my chest. As soon as the words left my eyes, blood filled up my mouth, making me turn my head and cough, gagging. 

 I heard a loud crash, and then Carlisle disappeared, yelling something that sounded suspiciously like, "Jasper!" Seconds later, the man himself was in front of me. 

 "It's okay." He whispered, leaning forward and brushing a piece of hair from my face. "You'll be okay." 

 With painstaking effort, I reached over and covered his hand with mine, muttered three last words before my eyes wouldn't open anymore. 

 "Don't give up." 

***

 The first thing I remembered was the day  I met Sadie. 

 Not the day we became friends, the day we met. 

 It was the first day of fifth grade, and she was knew to the school. As soon as I laid my eyes on her, I knew she wasn't like most people in Arizona. First of all, her entire head was dyed pink, and her lips were curled in a smile like I have never seen before. She was the prettiest girl I have ever seen, and the first thought that struck me was that she looked like a rock-star.