43- People

"Protection is not a principle, but a expedient."

-Benjamin Disraeli

***

The conversation that I had with Charlie when I told him I was sleeping over at the Cullen's again was extraordinarily horrifying. I know that he wasn't exactly comfortable with his teenage daughter sleeping over at her boyfriends, house, but he didn't need to go this far.

"You're spending the night at the Cullen's again?" He asked, stepping in front of me right as I was about to exit. I looked up, brushing a stray piece of hair from my eyes.

"Uh, yeah."

"Okay." He cleared his throat, a light pink already dusting his cheeks. "Um, with, uh, with Alice?"

My eyes narrowed, I had a feeling I knew the direction this was going. "No, dad, I'm staying with Emmett."

"Seriously, C." He rubbed his eyes, and I could tell he was already tired from this. "I just, I need to know you're being safe."

That was when it hit me. My cheeks flourished a hot red, and my eyes closed and fell to my hands. "Ugh, dad! Are you seriously asking me if I'm a virgin?"

"No!" He held out his hands, before pausing and dropping them, "uh, yes?"

"Oh my God, dad!" I threw my arms up, rubbing my arms and looking anywhere but at my dad. How am I supposed to answer that? 'Uh, no?' Because that is the honest answer! Maybe he just wants to know if I could get pregnant... because only an idiot could get pregnant by a vampire.

"Dad... There is no way I could possibly get pregnant if that is what you're worried about." I held up my hands. "I don't plan on doing anything crazy soon either, like jeez dude, I'm not Bella."

Hearing that, Charlie seemed to visibly relax, his shoulder's sagged, and he sighed deeply. "Okay, okay." He smiled, ruffling my hair. ''Have fun, Bella might come over a bit later."

"Roger that!" I saluted, jogging out of the house, and into the safety of my truck.

***

Alice's fingers wove through my hair later that night. It was late, and I was tired. I guess I tend to forget that these guys don't sleep, and I was dozing off from the calming aura in Alice's room.

"I'm sorry I've been distant lately." She spoke up, her hands twisting intricate patterns on my scalp. "I have been worried out of my mind about Sadie... and I guess now I have hope that things can get better."

"Of course things will get better." My voice was surprisingly clear, although my eyes were weighed down by invisible sandbags. "And I sympathize with you... I don't know what I would do if I thought Jasper could be hurt."

Alice sighed deeply, running her fingers through my hair to untangle the braids. "All we can do is hope that this battle will be won. Then, everything will be back to normal."

"Semi."

"Yes, but that may be the best we can get." There was a long pause, where unanswered questions hung in the air. She finally asked.

"Will you turn?"

My throat constricted, and I cleared it before replying. "I don't know."

Alice nodded, her hands falling to her sides. "What's stopping you?"

"Life." I admitted, twirling a strand of hair around my finger. "I want to go to university, and have kids, and... I guess I just fell in love with someone who makes that a little... hard?" I sighed, burying my head in my knees and feeling Alice sit behind me, wrapping a cold arm around my shoulders. "Ugh, that sounded terrible."

The truth, in all one hundred percent honesty, I wasn't ready to say goodbye to my friends. Jessica, Angela, Eric, Mike, Charlie, everybody. I can't just never see them again.

"No, it didn't." She rubbed circles on my back, leaning her head on my shoulder. "I know, you have a life of your own, and you deserve to live it."

"But I need you guys in my life!" A few stray tears managed to leak from my eyes, and I wiped them on my sleeve, taking a shaky breath. "I need you, I need Jess, and Charlie, I just wish I could stay in this moment forever. Human, and eighteen."

Alice began humming under her breath, taking deep breaths in between. "I agree." She took a deep breath.

"I wish we could stay here forever." 

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! Just a small filler to lead into the next one! 

 I have been writing a Bellamy Blake x Male! O.C. fic... here is some cover ideas for you guys to see, and tell me what you think! 

 here is some cover ideas for you guys to see, and tell me what you think! 

(I don't know if these were huge or not

(I don't know if these were huge or not...) 

 Please tell me if you are interested, and I will post a little blurb at the end of the next update... Nate is honestly one of my favorite O.C's, he's just so funny and likable... well, in my opinion. Which may not be the best opinion.... 

 If you guys have any questions for me, just ask! It can be about any of my stories, or characters, or myself! I just love answering questions and getting comments. 

 Also, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 1.1K VOTES!!!!! AHHHH THAT IS AMAZING I LOVE YOU ALL!

 Thank's for reading, and please comment!